1. To an investor, a good product makes then wealthy
2. To a user of a niche market product, it satisfies their needs exceedingly well
3. To a repairman, its serviceable
4. To the world, its ecological
5. To an assembler, its easy and quick to build
In most cases... their is a huge conflict between those goals. For the large entity, #1 is primary, followed by #5. 3 and 4 get thrown out the window, and usually #2 needs to be adequate enough to make #1 happen.
In the garage shop, often times 2,3, and 4 occur, and hopefully #1 is good enough to keep the doors open. #5 is often disregarded as the owner deals with it.
As an organization grows, these characteristics move around quite a bit.