Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Gravitomagnetism and quantum theory of gravity?

1. Jan 7, 2008 #1
    I was reading this:

http://www.esa.int/SPECIALS/GSP/SEM0L6OVGJE_0.html

and apparently it seems that Martin Tajmar seem to have made a significant step towards the long sought quantum theory of gravity. and at the same time he proven wrong some aspect about general relativity. althought he hasent got a lot of support from the scientific comunity.

what are your thoughts about it?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 7, 2008 #2
    This reminded me of the Podkletnov's experiment, but in fact the Wikipedia page of him says

4. Jan 8, 2008 #3

pervect

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

If this is the experiment I'm thinking of, a replication was attempted which failed. Which makes the whole affair rather doubtful.

5. Jan 9, 2008 #4
    If you are not fully sure, then there is a non-zero probability, that you were thinking about the Podkletnov's experiment, which, according to all possible information sources, has failed repeatability.

I have nothing else to say to the OP, than that I'm interested in getting any reliable information about the Tajmar's experiment too.

6. Jan 9, 2008 #5
    unfortunately I havent found a lot of updated info about it, but here there is another article about it:
    The Secret of Gravity

7. Jan 9, 2008 #6

pervect

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I'm quite sure that what I was thinking about was not the Podklentov experiment. I also recall that the experiment was in Australia, and that I posted some fairly detailed information about the replication attempt here on PF.

So let us see. assuming that it is the same, then Tajmar should be a good keyword, so...

bingo

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=180767

8. Jan 9, 2008 #7
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?