Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Greg: Navigating in One's Journal

1. Nov 12, 2004 #1

Les Sleeth

Gold Member

(I PM'd you a couple of days ago about this trying to avoid making it a thread, but since I can see you haven't viewed it yet . . . ) I can't figure out how to access my journal. I can add new entries, but I can't see what I've already written. Also, is it possible to edit previous entries? That would be a good thing for me since I'm always wishing I hadn't said certain things :redface:, and then want to change or delete them.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 14, 2004 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Les, you should be able to access your journal, if by no other means, through the link that says "Read my Journal" below your name/profile info on any post you've written. I think we determined we can't edit journal entries, but I can't remember now. I played with a bunch of those features to see what would and wouldn't work when the journals were first created. Read some of the first posts and comments of those posts on my journal to find out what features I already played with. I agree it would be good to be able to edit journal entries, perhaps indefinitely rather than the 12 h limit (or whatever it is) that applies to the rest of the site.

Edit: I take that back. Les, I just followed the link to view your journal and it shows no entries. Have you saved your entries as you've typed them?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2004
  4. Nov 14, 2004 #3

Les Sleeth

Gold Member

I think I just screwed up my journal post. I wrote something but when I tried to read it the next day couldn't find it. I assumed I couldn't get in, but then yesterday I saw my post count there was "0", so I guess I just did it wrong. Of course, I couldn't delete this thread. Thanks for answering. :smile:

5. Nov 14, 2004 #4
    Hmmm your right Les, something is not right. I'll look into this today.

6. Nov 14, 2004 #5
    That's pretty funny, I just made my first post in my journal today and was about to make a thread here about the same problem. :smile:

7. Nov 14, 2004 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

The only problem I've found is that when someone else posts a comment to your journal, you (the journal owner) do not have the ability to delete or edit the other person's comments. The journal owner should have this ability.

8. Nov 21, 2004 #7

Les Sleeth

Gold Member

I was wondering how your investigation is going. I still can't seem to post anything in my journal.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?