1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Guide to study

1. Nov 2, 2012 #1
    Hello people,

I'm Lucas, from Brazil, and I'm beginning my high school and in this forum. Well, I really enjoy math and I want to get deeper in my studies.

I read my entire school's book of math and I also had studied almost of KhanAcademy's math content. But I think this is so superficial and I want to go deeper and advanced.

So, where should I begin? And after?
    I already know things like equations in 1st and 2nd degree, logarithm/exponential functions, trigonometry (and it's trig functions — or almost of all), absolute value. As I said, it's so basic.

I mainly want name of contents (like "Matrices" or "Permutation") but if you have an great book, website, "tutorial" or something else I'll appreciate it.

Thank you guys!
    PS: sorry for my english!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 7, 2012 #2
    You said you've studied most of Khan Academy's math content, but then you listed several concepts that fall into algebra and geometry--relatively low-level. If you've mastered algebra and geometry, you ought to go through Khan Academy's calculus courses, or perhaps linear algebra.

I also cannot recommend enough MIT OpenCourseWare Scholar, which is a set of full courses provided by MIT with full video lectures and PDFs of all of the written course material (including notes and tests). If you're interested in mathematics, you could attempt their calculus course, which is beautifully taught and relatively easy to follow for anyone who's studied algebra and trigonometry. Or branch out and try other courses, as well! They're great.

4. Nov 12, 2012 #3
    Thanks a lot Natty! I'm sure that I'll take a look at Calculus.

Once again, thank you so much!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook