Had to quit my masters last year,but want to finish it now

• Thread starter marellasunny
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Masters
In summary, the individual is seeking advice on how to complete their partially completed masters degree in automotive engineering. They were unable to finish due to an illness and are now looking to transfer credits to another university to complete the remaining 20%. However, this process may prove difficult as most universities require the majority of the degree to be completed at their institution. The individual is also considering taking the GRE exam to try their luck at US universities. They are also seeking information about credit waivers in different countries.
marellasunny
How to finish a partially completed degree?

Hi!My case is a very strange case.I was pursuing a masters in automotive engineering in Germany and after completing 2 years of course-work and many other certifications,I fell ill and had to return back home for treatment.Now,after 9 months of treatment,I am back on my feet and aiming to finish-off that 20% of my masters degree.

How can I go about using those acquired (European)credits and finish my masters in some other university?

Also,can someone give me an insight into 'credit waivers' in universities?country-wise would be very helpful.

1.My chances of getting back to the same university in Germany is proving very difficult. I've been ex-matriculated from the list.

2.I am giving GRE general this month to try my luck in US universities.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

Most programs require you to do the majority of your degree at their institution. You can't transfer in the majority of the degree from elsewhere. This is because they want to ensure that a degree from University ABC is in fact a degree from University ABC.

If you're trying to get rules waived, there will be an uphill battle, as every institution will be thinking "if his (or her) own university won't grant him a break, why should we?"

1. Why did you have to quit your masters last year?

I had to quit my masters last year due to personal reasons. It was a difficult decision, but I needed to prioritize my health and well-being.

2. How will you catch up on the material you missed?

I plan to reach out to my professors and classmates to get caught up on any missed material. I also plan on doing additional research and self-study to ensure I have a thorough understanding of the subject matter.

3. Will you have to retake any classes?

I am hopeful that I will not have to retake any classes. However, if my professors feel that it is necessary for me to do so in order to successfully complete my masters, I am willing to do so.

4. How do you plan on balancing your personal life and finishing your masters?

I have learned to better manage my time and prioritize my responsibilities. I will also have a support system in place to help me balance my personal life and academic commitments.

5. What are your future plans after completing your masters?

After completing my masters, I plan on pursuing a career in my field of study. I am also considering the option of furthering my education and obtaining a PhD.