Happy New Year from Europe: Wishing Well for All Great Scientists!

In summary, Om printed a poster with happy new year messages for everyone and expects that his name will be in it by tomorrow.
CompuChip
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Happy new year from the European continent, where I think all countries (except maybe Iceland) have transitioned into 2014 and it seems so far everything is ok.

Best wishes to all great people here around the world, who share a passion for science.

Physics news on Phys.org
Happy New year to you!

Happy New Year, everyone!

fCTKkWF.jpg

I resolved to print this up, and hang it on my wall.

nyr2014.1.1.jpg

---------------------------
I always forget not to exude anger when I'm around stupid people...:redface:

Likes 2 people
OmCheeto said:
I resolved to print this up, and hang it on my wall.

nyr2014.1.1.jpg

---------------------------
I always forget not to exude anger when I'm around stupid people...:redface:

That is AWESOME :thumbs:.

I'll be confiscating that.

Lol lisab! And thank you Om.

Happy new year everyone. :)

lisab said:
That is AWESOME :thumbs:.

I'll be confiscating that.
I'll be doing the same. Nice poster Om. I guess that I'll have to give you credit for posting that. :wink:

Borg said:
I'll be doing the same. Nice poster Om. I guess that I'll have to give you credit for posting that. :wink:

I've had second thoughts...

nyr2014.1.2.sober.version.jpg

:rofl:

Gad said:
:rofl:

I was explaining my business plan to someone last night, and...

total right frame response...

:cry:

Gad. Save me!

well, think of real people as PFers, only undercover. :biggrin:I personally think that I am the one who's having problems observing and judging people around me. This is something I'm still working on. It is not easy to be bias-free, and not generalize.

Gad said:
I personally think that I am the one who's having problems observing and judging people around me. This is something I'm still working on. It is not easy to be bias-free, and not generalize.
Lots of people have problems with "judging", and I am certainly not blame-free.

My closest nephew is a lifer in the Navy and he married another Navy lifer who had a daughter from another marriage, both of whom are black and exceptionally pretty. Some parts of Maine are quite racist due to a lack of experience and due to general ignorance, but thanks to my nephew's training and physique (think Mike Tyson) people keep their mouths shut around him.

I hope everybody had a nice 2013, and can count on some nice things that happened to you. My nicest event was the adoption of our second rescue dog, Lola. Lola is a pit-bull, and she loves everybody. She just wants to kiss and cuddle. The repairman from our ISP showed up the other day, and asked if the dogs were dangerous and I told him "Not unless you are allergic to dog-spit."

Several people want to steal her. It would be really easy. Just pull in with a vehicle and leave a door open, and she'll Jump right in "I want a ride!"

rev2.i.did.not.do.this.jpg

Just ran across this on FB.

I printed the original up at work on Monday, and showed it to a few people yesterday.

I [STRIKE]expect[/STRIKE] [know] the "California" [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] will be crossed out, and [will] have my name in there [by] tomorrow.

Hoomans... I dun figer'd em out.

What is the significance of "Happy New Year from Europe: Wishing Well for All Great Scientists!"?

The phrase "Happy New Year from Europe: Wishing Well for All Great Scientists!" is a common greeting used to celebrate the new year and extend well wishes to all scientists around the world. It is a way to recognize the hard work and contributions of scientists to society.

Why is it important to wish well for all great scientists?

Wishing well for all great scientists is important because it acknowledges their efforts and motivates them to continue their work. It also fosters a sense of community and collaboration among scientists from different countries and disciplines.

What does this greeting mean for the scientific community in Europe?

This greeting signifies the unity and solidarity among scientists in Europe. It is a reminder that despite cultural and geographical differences, scientists in Europe are united in their pursuit of knowledge and innovation.

How can scientists celebrate the new year in Europe?

Scientists in Europe can celebrate the new year in various ways, such as attending conferences and workshops, exchanging knowledge and ideas with colleagues, and participating in cultural events and festivities. They can also take this opportunity to reflect on their achievements and set new goals for the upcoming year.

What message does this greeting convey to non-scientists?

This greeting conveys the message that science is a global effort and that the progress of science benefits everyone. It also highlights the importance of supporting and appreciating the work of scientists in shaping a better future for all.