Happy Thanksgivukkah: 57 Years or 77000 Years Wait

• Thread starter jtbell
  • Start date
In summary, it is unusual for Thanksgiving and Hanukkah to overlap, with the next overlap predicted to be in either 57 years or 77,000 years. Some are celebrating this unique occurrence, while others may not live to see it again. Meanwhile, people are still trying to figure out how many candles should be in their Menurky and finding ways to celebrate both holidays together.
jtbell
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
it's apparently rather unusual for Thanksgiving and Hanukkah to overlap. Depending on whether one counts "partial overlaps", we'll have to wait either 57 years or about 77000 years for the next one. Either way, "you should live so long..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgivukkah

Physics news on Phys.org
Unlikely that I will live to see it again. All the more reason to enjoy today :cool:.

jtbell said:
it's apparently rather unusual for Thanksgiving and Hanukkah to overlap. Depending on whether one counts "partial overlaps", we'll have to wait either 57 years or about 77000 years for the next one. Either way, "you should live so long..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgivukkah

I'm going to have to research this. Or does someone know off the top of their head, how many candles should be in my Menurcky today?

2013.11.28.7.56.am.Thanksgivukkah_Menurcky.jpg

Oh my...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG1pZstoQE8​

Happy Thanksgivukkah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGspoOoK69s

Last edited by a moderator:
I was kind of hoping that there would be an impromptu chat today. My wife is eating her T-day meal with my nephew and his partner, a couple of hours away from here. I am not alone, because I have my dogs, but they don't talk much. :cry:

turbo said:
I was kind of hoping that there would be an impromptu chat today. My wife is eating her T-day meal with my nephew and his partner, a couple of hours away from here. I am not alone, because I have my dogs, but they don't talk much. :cry:
You're gold turbo, you can chat anytime, but I was planning to open Thanksgiving chat. There is already a group in there.

OmCheeto said:
I'm going to have to research this. Or does someone know off the top of their head, how many candles should be in my Menurcky today?

2013.11.28.7.56.am.Thanksgivukkah_Menurcky.jpg
Lol Om. We are going to have Thanksgiving at a Jewish friend's home. I'm sure that he's heard everything else about Thanksfivukkah but I'll bet he hasn't heard that one. He makes a great smoked turkey each year. Now to find some candles... :tongue:

1. What is "Happy Thanksgivukkah"?

"Happy Thanksgivukkah" is a term used to celebrate the coincidence of Thanksgiving and Hanukkah occurring on the same day. This rare event has only happened a handful of times in history and will not occur again for another 77,000 years.

2. How often does Thanksgivukkah occur?

The overlap of Thanksgiving and Hanukkah depends on the dates of the two holidays, which are determined by different calendars. This means that the occurrence of Thanksgivukkah is not on a regular schedule and can range from a few years to thousands of years apart.

3. Why is Thanksgivukkah significant?

Thanksgivukkah is significant because it combines two major holidays from different cultures and religions into one celebration. It also highlights the diversity and inclusivity of American society.

4. How do people celebrate Thanksgivukkah?

People celebrate Thanksgivukkah by incorporating elements of both Thanksgiving and Hanukkah into their celebrations. This could include having a traditional Thanksgiving meal with latkes (potato pancakes) or incorporating Thanksgiving-themed decorations into Hanukkah traditions.

5. Is Thanksgivukkah a recognized holiday?

While Thanksgivukkah is not an officially recognized holiday, it has gained popularity and recognition among many individuals and communities. Some even argue that it should be recognized as a national holiday due to its significance and cultural significance.