Harm of discharge of thunder in village is worse than cities?

In summary, the harm of discharge of thunder in villages is worse than in cities due to a lack of protection from lightning rods and more open spaces for people to be exposed to the charged cloud. This can lead to reports of thunder-related deaths being more common in rural areas compared to urban areas.
pmehnati
hi. my question:why the harm of discharge of thunder in village is worse than cities?

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Hi pmehnati! Welcome to PF! :wink:
pmehnati said:
hi. my question:why the harm of discharge of thunder in village is worse than cities?

Is it worse?

Can you show us a link that establishes that? :smile:

pmehnati said:

I think that's true. In my area, sometime there are reports of thunder deads and only from the countryside.
Probably because in the city, all high objects are protected by lightning rods so people in the street are safe, people are too small compared to buildings and the like. There are not many large pieces of land in the city, but in the countryside there are a lot. If you are standing in the field and the charged cloud above, you are unprotected.

1. What causes the harm of discharge of thunder in villages?

The harm of discharge of thunder in villages is caused by the lack of proper infrastructure and safety measures, such as lightning rods, in rural areas. This makes it more likely for lightning strikes to directly hit buildings or people in villages, resulting in more damage and injuries.

2. How does the harm of discharge of thunder differ between villages and cities?

The harm of discharge of thunder is worse in villages compared to cities due to the reasons mentioned above. Cities usually have better infrastructure and more safety measures in place, making it less likely for lightning strikes to cause significant damage or harm.

3. Are there any specific factors that make villages more vulnerable to the harm of discharge of thunder?

Apart from the lack of infrastructure and safety measures, the location and surroundings of villages also play a role. Villages are often situated in open, rural areas with fewer tall structures, making them more susceptible to lightning strikes.

4. Can the harm of discharge of thunder in villages be prevented?

While it is not possible to completely prevent the harm of discharge of thunder in villages, there are measures that can be taken to reduce the risk. These include installing lightning rods, seeking shelter in sturdy buildings during thunderstorms, and educating the community on lightning safety.

5. Is the harm of discharge of thunder a common occurrence in villages?

Yes, the harm of discharge of thunder is a common occurrence in villages, especially in areas with frequent thunderstorms. Without proper precautions and safety measures, the risk of damage and injuries from lightning strikes is higher in villages compared to cities.