Is It Natural to Have a Big Head and Will I Grow Into It?

• Thread starter Xpwnage
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Head
In summary, it is possible for someone to grow into their head during adolescence, but it's not guaranteed.
Xpwnage
Hi guys. Right now I'm 14 years old. All my friends say I have a big head, and quite frankly I do (I'm referring to physical size not actual having a big ego). I'm really tall for my age too, I'm 6'3. I was wondering if it's natural for people to have a big head an grow out of it. When I was young I did not have a big head. Also nobody else in my family has a big head. My head seems to be pretty much the same size as my father's who is taller than me. I'm supposed to be taller than him. I also notice a lot of other tall people in my age have a big head. Basically what I'm asking is when I get older, is it possible I'm going to grow into my head? Thanks for helping.

Biology news on Phys.org
Hi Xpwnage, welcome to PF!

You aren't finished growing yet, as you said. So it will help a bit as you get taller.

Building up your arms and shoulders might help too, but kids tend to be rather skinny as they go through adolescence. Many of my brothers tried and tried to build up their muscles, but really couldn't do it until they were in their 20s.

Thanks for the reply Lisab,

Although I am skinny, I'm also actually strong, very strong actually, at the risk of sounding conceited. My body type is very ectomorph. The doctor said I'm looking at about being 6'5 or 6'6 so hopefully that will help. Is it common for people to have bigger heads during adolescence?

My son has a big head, but it looks just great on him now. He is 6'3", 170 lbs. , and generally has big bones all the way around.
When he was younger, I use to tell him, your going to look great when you grow into your head.

www.bigheadforums.com[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:

FAQ: Is It Natural to Have a Big Head and Will I Grow Into It?

What causes someone to have a big head?

There are a few potential causes for having a physically large head, including genetics, certain medical conditions, and excessive fluid accumulation in the skull. It is important to consult with a medical professional to determine the underlying cause.

Is having a big head a health concern?

In most cases, having a big head is not a serious health concern. However, if the head size is due to a medical condition, it is important to address it in order to prevent any potential complications.

Can a big head be reduced in size?

If the big head is due to excessive fluid accumulation, certain medical procedures may be able to reduce the size. However, if it is due to genetics, there is no known way to decrease head size.

Are there any advantages to having a big head?

Having a big head may provide more room for brain matter, potentially leading to higher cognitive abilities. Additionally, certain sports such as football and boxing may benefit from having a larger head for protection.

What is considered a "normal" head size?

The average head circumference for adults is around 21-23 inches. However, head size can vary depending on a variety of factors such as age, gender, and ethnicity. It is best to consult with a healthcare professional for an accurate assessment of head size.