Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Heard About this TI product :Jacinto ?

1. Dec 15, 2008 #1
    Heard About this TI product :Jacinto ??

has anyone heard or worked on TI Jacinto.
    I was not able to find any documentation on this.
    Is this same as TI Davinci?
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 15, 2008 #2

Staff: Mentor

4. Dec 15, 2008 #3

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Re: Heard About this TI product :Jacinto ??

5. Dec 15, 2008 #4

I had not heard of "Jacinto" earlier.
    It seems to be a dual core processor : DRA440. with an ARM926Ej core,
    It is not related to Piccolo!!
  6. Dec 15, 2008 #5

ha! it is hard to find much on it. i get the impression it's not going to be marketed publicly because they don't want people hacking it. here's a pdf, one of only 3 jacinto docs showing up at ti.com. and microsoft seems to be supporting it too, in a Microsoft Auto 3.1 software package.

i suspect you won't find any documentation for this unless you can somehow discover what the actual TI product used is. it may be very similar to some other off-the-shelf TI product.

edit: you know, on second thought, maybe they're just abandoning the Jacinto code name and going with branding as Davinci

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  7. Dec 15, 2008 #6

I think this statement helps

" Jacinto (552MHz DSP, 348MHz ARM926E-JS and OMAP5946) a cost effective media processing engine for Automotive Infotainment applications, mainly to enable head-unit, rear seat entertainment and digital radio designers to create scalable reusable hardware and software platforms."
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?