Hectares and kilometres - how many days to cut 295 hectares

• MHB
  • Thread starter Kzerr
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cut
In summary, the conversation is about determining the number of days it will take to mow 295 hectares using a mower with a 12' wide blade and a speed of 4km/hour. The person is unsure about using squared numbers in the calculation, but it is clarified that cross multiplication can be done with any numbers. The correctness of the equation in the attached photo is also discussed.
Kzerr
Hello!
I am new to math forums and am not even sure I’m in the right thread but will give it a go!
I am trying to determine how many days it will take to mow 295 hectares when my mower has a blade 12’ wide and can move at 4km/hour.
Attached is what I believe to be correct but am uncertain if you can cross multiply squared numbers.
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 5E61FFA5-C521-4A48-B7C1-8CE298410355.jpeg
    5E61FFA5-C521-4A48-B7C1-8CE298410355.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 65
Physics news on Phys.org
You can cross multiply NUMBERS. How you got the numbers, by squaring or other wise, is irrelevant.

Ok - does this look correct to you then?

Country Boy said:
You can cross multiply NUMBERS. How you got the numbers, by squaring or other wise, is irrelevant.
Right, ok so then do you believe the equation in the photo to be correct then?

1. How many hectares are in a kilometre?

In terms of area, there are 100 hectares in 1 square kilometre.

2. How many days would it take to cut 295 hectares?

The time it takes to cut 295 hectares depends on several factors, such as the size of the equipment, the terrain, and the skill of the workers. It is not possible to accurately estimate the time without more information.

3. How big is 295 hectares in terms of land area?

295 hectares is equivalent to approximately 729 acres or 2.95 square kilometres.

4. Can you explain the difference between hectares and kilometres?

Hectares and kilometres are two different units of measurement. Hectares measure land area, while kilometres measure distance. 1 hectare is equal to 10,000 square metres, while 1 kilometre is equal to 1,000 metres.

5. Is it possible to convert hectares to kilometres?

No, it is not possible to directly convert hectares to kilometres as they are two different units of measurement. However, you can convert hectares to square kilometres by dividing the number of hectares by 100. For example, 295 hectares is equal to 2.95 square kilometres.