Exploring Retirement Hobbies: Astrophotography, Mathematics, and Astrophysics

• Thread starter Simon Peach
  • Start date
In summary, exploring retirement hobbies can lead to exciting new interests, such as astrophotography, mathematics, and astrophysics. Astrophotography allows individuals to capture stunning images of the night sky using specialized equipment and techniques. Mathematics offers a challenging and stimulating mental exercise, while astrophysics delves into the mysteries of the universe and its workings. These retirement hobbies can provide a fulfilling and enriching experience for individuals looking to continue learning and exploring in their golden years.
Simon Peach
I'm 78 year old pensioner form Australia. After a life time of work I'm now retired and can spend my time following the subjects that are of real interest to me. ( when my wife doesn't think the lawn needs cutting or the windows need a wash!) At the moment I'm taking a night school course in Mathematics, Algebra really interests me, but can see that this will develop into a more general appreciation of Maths. Also started doing astrophotography. I'm also very interested in astrophysics, can't understand most of it but still fascinated.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF

Checkout MathIsPower4u.com for a collection of math videos from Algebra to Calc i,ii,iii Linear Algebra and Differential Equations. This should keep you busy until the lawn needs mowing again.

Thanks, that is a very interesting site