Is It Too Late to Pursue College Education in Physics at 30?

• Thread starter Gabriel Zamora
  • Start date
In summary, it is never too late to pursue a college education in physics at the age of 30. While it may seem daunting to enter the field later in life, there are many benefits and opportunities available for mature students. With dedication and hard work, it is possible to excel in the field of physics and achieve academic and career success. Additionally, many universities and programs offer flexible options for working professionals, making it easier to balance education with other responsibilities. Ultimately, age should not be a barrier to pursuing a passion for physics and expanding one's knowledge and career prospects.
Gabriel Zamora
Hello everyone,

I'm glad I found this forum and I'm hoping this is the right place to ask my question.

This is my first time in this forum so let me introduce myself and tell you a bit of my background. My name is Gabriel, I'm originally from Venezuela, but I'm now living in the United States. I have always had a big passion for Physics, I love reading about the Universe and the laws that govern it I did really good in math and physics back in high school, but sadly because of my family financial situation, I had to start working at a very young age to pay for my studies and also help my family. I wasn't able to start college once I graduated from high school because I needed to get a full time job and I just couldn't afford it at the moment. Thankfully, things have changed a little bit for me, I moved to the US, I received my citizenship and I have a decent job. I'm 30 years old now and I have been feeling like there is no point in going back to school, but just recently I had a change of heart and I decided I want to go to college.

It's been a long time since the last time I was in a classroom and I can barely remember anything, I feel like I have forgotten everything. As I mentioned before I have a big passion for Math and Physics and I would love to learn more and kind of teach myself while I get ready to enroll into college.Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Gabriel Zamora said:
Hello everyone,

I'm glad I found this forum and I'm hoping this is the right place to ask my question.
:welcome:

Hello and welcome!

I'm sure you've found a real good place to get help in the learning process.

We have many forum sections which you're invited to read. At the beginning you might have questions which are related to homework or exercises or examples. In these cases please post in our homework section and use our template (which will be automatically inserted). It is meant to help you to sufficiently describe your question and us to see, where you might have difficulties. Since this medium lacks main parts of usual communication this template cannot be underestimated. I'm just saying, because many newcomers to PF think we want to "punish" them with our demand to show us some efforts. This is not the case and you hopefully will see what chances lie in this forum (and the template).

In case you need formulas, it will be helpful to type them in our LaTeX code instead of using photos which are sometimes hard to read, especially on mobile devices. There are several possible ways to learn this code and there is a forum section, where you can post questions on the subject.

So I hope you'll have fun and stay curious!