1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hello, i found a patent in the internet where a device is

1. Feb 14, 2012 #1
    hello,

i found a patent in the internet where a device is presented in which a body is surrounded by water (especially if you scroll down on the 12th and 13th page in the document).

www.google.com/patents/US7353554.pdf

the author claims that the body is floating inside the device since hydrostatic pressure is isotropically distributed inside the lounger.

however, for me it is hard to imagine that lying in the device on page (12-13) almost feels like bathing in water. in my opinion the person in the figure on page 13 should feel the a lot of pressure on his chest from the weight of the water above his chest.

i am looking forward for your opinion.

best wishes,

lost in space

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 14, 2012 #2
    Re: hydrostatic_pressure_in_lounger

LOL. That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. The pressure of the water is trying to force him out through the opening that allows him to breath like toothpaste out of a tube. Yes, there is pressure on his chest. It must be hard to breath too.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook