Hello, i found a patent in the internet where a device is

In summary, there is a patent for a device that surrounds the body with water, causing the body to float due to evenly distributed hydrostatic pressure. However, the person in the figure on pages 12-13 may feel pressure on their chest from the weight of the water, making it difficult to breathe. The commenter finds this idea to be ridiculous and believes it would be hard to breathe in this device.
lost_in_space
hello,

i found a patent in the internet where a device is presented in which a body is surrounded by water (especially if you scroll down on the 12th and 13th page in the document).

www.google.com/patents/US7353554.pdf

the author claims that the body is floating inside the device since hydrostatic pressure is isotropically distributed inside the lounger.

however, for me it is hard to imagine that lying in the device on page (12-13) almost feels like bathing in water. in my opinion the person in the figure on page 13 should feel the a lot of pressure on his chest from the weight of the water above his chest.

i am looking forward for your opinion.

best wishes,

lost in space

Physics news on Phys.org

LOL. That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. The pressure of the water is trying to force him out through the opening that allows him to breath like toothpaste out of a tube. Yes, there is pressure on his chest. It must be hard to breath too.

1. What is a patent?

A patent is a legal document that grants exclusive rights to an inventor or company for a new and useful invention. It provides protection for the invention and prevents others from making, using, or selling the invention without permission.

2. How do patents work?

Patents work by giving the inventor or company the right to exclude others from making, using, or selling the invention for a limited period of time (usually 20 years from the date of filing). In exchange, the inventor must disclose the details of the invention to the public.

3. What is the purpose of a patent?

The purpose of a patent is to encourage innovation by providing inventors with exclusive rights to their inventions for a certain period of time. This allows inventors to recoup their investment and profit from their inventions, which in turn drives economic growth and progress.

4. What types of inventions can be patented?

In general, any new and useful process, machine, manufacture, composition of matter, or any new and useful improvement of these can be patented. However, there are certain exceptions and limitations, such as laws of nature, natural phenomena, and abstract ideas.

5. Can I use a patented device?

No, you cannot use a patented device without permission from the patent holder. Using a patented device without permission is considered patent infringement and can result in legal consequences. It is important to do thorough research and obtain proper licenses or permission before using a patented device.