What could be causing my Eclipse program to reference a non-existent Karel file?

In summary, a person is experiencing an issue while trying to run a Hello World program in Java using the Eclipse editor and the acm JAR library. They have deleted a previous project called Karel, but are receiving an error that references it. They are seeking help and wondering if this is a common issue. Another person suggests creating a new project and trying again.
Master J
"Hello World" Java issue!

I've been following Stanford's on line lecture series Programming Methodology and have run into an issue while trying my first Hello World program.

I'm using the Eclipse editor and have attached the acm JAR library. When I try to run the file, I get an error that says my program is referencing a non-existent Karel, where Karel was a previous project that I deleted.

My code is correct as I've followed exactly what has been taught, and what's in the textbook. Has anyone any idea what's wrong? I was sure I deleted the old project, so I've no idea how the program says I'm referencing it, which I am not in my source code!

Is this a common issue?

Help! Cheers guys!

Technology news on Phys.org

I was helping some people out with C++ and for some reason their program won't compile for some reason my prof or I could figure out. It definitely wasn't the code. So I had him start a completely new project and paste the code there. Try creating a new project and compile and debug again and see if it works.

1. What is "Hello World" in Java?

"Hello World" is a basic program that displays the text "Hello World" on the screen. It is often used as the first program when learning a new programming language.

2. How do I write a "Hello World" program in Java?

To write a "Hello World" program in Java, you need to first create a class, then define a main method within the class. In the main method, you can use the System.out.println() method to print the text "Hello World" to the console.

3. What is the purpose of a "Hello World" program in Java?

The purpose of a "Hello World" program in Java is to familiarize beginners with the basic syntax and structure of the language. It also serves as a simple way to test that the programming environment is set up correctly.

4. Can I customize the "Hello World" program in Java?

Yes, you can customize the "Hello World" program in Java by changing the text that is displayed or adding additional code to the program. This is a great way to practice and experiment with the language.

5. Is "Hello World" the only way to start a Java program?

No, "Hello World" is not the only way to start a Java program. It is just a simple and common first program for beginners. There are many other ways to start a Java program, depending on the specific goals and requirements of the program.