Why Is Moving Charge Between Different Voltages Important in Physics?

• Thread starter Snake
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the conversation is about a person struggling with physics and needing help with 3 questions on a worksheet. They ask for explanations and formulas, but the responders remind them to show their own work and knowledge first. The person eventually figures out the answers after spending 5 hours on their own.
Snake
HELP! I'm struggling in physics

I have a wksht that has 10 questions, I need help with 3. If you could show me the answers and explain (in detail to a certian degree) how you arrived at that answer i would appreciate it. Thanks.

If the voltage difference between a positive and a negative region on the paper is 5.0 V, how much work would be needed to move 2.0 C of charge from the negative to the positive region?

How much energy is necessary to move a 1.0 C charge on a 1.0 V equipotential to any other point on that equipotential?

A multimeter reads 6.0 V when the probes are placed at points a and b. Point a is near a negative electrode and point b is near a positive electrode. If a 1.0 C charge is moved from point a to point b, what happens to its electric potential energy?

Physics news on Phys.org
I think the ground rules are that you need to show some of your own work before anyone can "tell you the answers" and explain how we arrived at our answers. :)

Why current will not during reverse biasing through a dioad?

Tide said:
I think the ground rules are that you need to show some of your own work before anyone can "tell you the answers" and explain how we arrived at our answers. :)
That is my problem...I don't know how to do it...I don't have the formulas...If you can give me the formulas, then i can show some work and then you can tell me what is wrong.

Do you know the UNITS of Voltage, Work, and charge? How are the UNITS related? That's how you figure out what the "formulas" are.

I am not smart like you guyz. my teacher is a quack and some guy who minored in physics teaches us over the internet. I am no longer asking for the answers, just a push in the right dirrectioin ie a formula or somehtin.

Snake said:
I am not smart like you guyz.

Not everybody is "Science Smart", but don't sell yourself short. Everybody is good at something, this just happens to be a science forum. I think you'd be more right to say "science is not my thing".

Anyway, tell us what YOU know so far. Formulas and such that you know of.

NVM...i figured it out after 5 hours of wasted time that you guys could have cleared up in 10 min. Thanks

NVM...i figured it out after 5 hours of wasted time that you guys could have cleared up in 10 min. Thanks

To go from no clue to finished: you must have learned quite a bit during that process.

I guess that's the benefit of not spoon feeding.

not really...I had someone push me 1/2 way down the track, and i worked for 5 hours to finish...so much for no spooning.

What is physics?

Physics is a natural science that deals with the study of matter, energy, and their interactions. It is a fundamental branch of science that helps us understand the physical world and its laws.

Why am I struggling in physics?

Physics can be a challenging subject for many students due to its abstract concepts and mathematical nature. It requires a strong understanding of fundamental principles and the ability to apply them in problem-solving.

How can I improve my understanding of physics?

There are several ways to improve your understanding of physics, such as attending classes regularly, practicing problems, seeking help from teachers or tutors, and using online resources and study materials.

What are some common mistakes students make in physics?

Some common mistakes students make in physics include not understanding the underlying concepts, not practicing enough problems, and not seeking help when needed. It is essential to identify and address these mistakes to improve in the subject.

What career opportunities are available in physics?

Physics offers a wide range of career opportunities, such as research, engineering, teaching, and scientific writing. It also provides a strong foundation for various fields, including medicine, finance, and technology.