Help in Mathematica code for solutions expansion of differential equations

In summary, the conversation discusses the need for help with NDSolve for four differential equations. The suggestion is to simplify the code and seek assistance on a Mathematica forum. It is recommended to provide a clear explanation of the problem and include a sample notebook for better chances of receiving helpful responses. Additionally, the conversation mentions the importance of converting code to Raw input form and wrapping it in code blocks when pasting.
jadyliber
I need to NDsolve four differential equations.
But I find my code does not work. Who can give me some suggestions? Thanks!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
jadyliber said:
I need to NDsolve four differential equations.
But I find my code does not work. Who can give me some suggestions? Thanks!
the equations:

Move it to the Mathematica forum, get rid of all that messy code, scrap all but one of them, write it neatly, and wait for help.

I am sorry for it.
by the way, is there a Mathematica forum? thanks for advices

jadyliber said:
is there a Mathematica forum?

Here
https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=189
or here
http://forums.wolfram.com/student-support/discussions/4/

As suggested, simplify your notebook as much as possible and describe exactly what the problem is with the result you are getting. Look at other postings there to see how people include a small notebook with their question, demonstrate their problem and ask their questions. Look at the posts that get answers for good examples.

The posts that do not get good answers say "Something is wrong using NDSolve. what do I do?"

Last edited:
Also, if you need to cut and paste your code, first convert it to Raw input form: highlight it, then select Cell/Convert To/Raw Input form. Then cut and paste it like I do below. Then wrap it in the code blocks:

Code:
mysol = NDSolve[{Derivative[1][y][x] + 
      (2*x + 1)*y[x] == 0, y[0] == 1}, y, {x, 0, 5}]
myPlot = Plot[y[x] /. mysol, {x, 0, 5}]

Thanks again to bill & jack

1. What is Mathematica?

Mathematica is a computer program developed by Wolfram Research that allows users to perform complex mathematical computations and create visualizations of data.

2. How can Mathematica help with solutions expansion of differential equations?

Mathematica has built-in functions and algorithms that can help solve and expand solutions for differential equations. It also has a user-friendly interface for inputting equations and viewing the results.

3. Can Mathematica handle all types of differential equations?

While Mathematica is a powerful tool for solving differential equations, it may not be able to handle every type of equation. It is best to consult the documentation or seek assistance from a mathematician or expert in the field.

4. Is Mathematica difficult to use for beginners?

Mathematica has a steep learning curve and may seem overwhelming for beginners. However, with practice and patience, it can become a valuable tool for solving mathematical problems.

5. Can I use Mathematica for educational or research purposes?

Yes, Mathematica can be used for educational and research purposes. It is widely used in universities and research institutions for its advanced mathematical capabilities and data visualization tools.