Solve Equations for Variable dp/dL with Expert Help

• MHB
  • Thread starter samiwarraich
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses solving equations for the variable $dp/dl$. The second equation is straightforward, while the first equation requires isolating $(dp/dl)^{1/B}$ and raising both sides to the $B$ power. The speaker also mentions using Mathematica to solve the first equation and suggests giving the code to Mathematica. The conversation ends with the speaker asking for help in starting the process using Matlab.
samiwarraich
Can soView attachment 2339me one help to these equation for variable dp/dL

Attachments

• Equation.png
    Equation.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 51
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Do you need to solve all of these for $dp/dl?$ The second one is straight-forward. For any of the equations with $(dp/dl)^{1/B}$, first isolate $(dp/dl)^{1/B}$ on one side of the equation, and then raise both sides to the $B$ power.

Ackbach said:
Do you need to solve all of these for $dp/dl?$ The second one is straight-forward. For any of the equations with $(dp/dl)^{1/B}$, first isolate $(dp/dl)^{1/B}$ on one side of the equation, and then raise both sides to the $B$ power.

YEs i need both equation to solve for dp/dL.Can you do this for me or tell me any software that can do this kind of operation

As an example, you can give Mathematica the following code, and it will solve the first one for $p'(L)$:

Code:
Solve[q==Pi((1/(2A) (p'[L])^(1/B)(B/(3B+1))((D/2)^((3B+1)/B)-Lambda^((3B+1)/B))-(C/3)((D/2)^3-Lambda^3))),p'[L]]

I tried it on Wolfram Alpha, but it didn't understand the command.

Ackbach said:
As an example, you can give Mathematica the following code, and it will solve the first one for $p'(L)$:

Code:
Solve[q==Pi((1/(2A) (p'[L])^(1/B)(B/(3B+1))((D/2)^((3B+1)/B)-Lambda^((3B+1)/B))-(C/3)((D/2)^3-Lambda^3))),p'[L]]

I tried it on Wolfram Alpha, but it didn't understand the command.

I have Matlab Installed can it be solved if yes then help me to start with

1. What is the purpose of solving equations in science?

The purpose of solving equations in science is to find the unknown variables or parameters in a given system or situation. This allows scientists to make predictions, analyze data, and understand the relationships between different factors in various scientific phenomena.

2. How do I know which equations to use for a specific problem?

The equations used in science are based on the laws and principles of the specific field or subject being studied. It is important to have a good understanding of these laws and principles in order to choose the appropriate equations for a given problem. Additionally, consulting with experts or doing research can also help in determining which equations to use.

3. What are some strategies for solving complex equations?

Some strategies for solving complex equations include simplifying the equation by combining like terms, using the distributive property, and isolating the variable on one side of the equation. It is also helpful to break down the equation into smaller steps and to check your work along the way.

4. How can I check if my solution to an equation is correct?

To check if your solution to an equation is correct, you can substitute the value of the variable into the original equation and see if it satisfies the equation. Additionally, you can use online calculators or ask someone to check your work.

5. What are some common mistakes to avoid when solving equations?

Common mistakes to avoid when solving equations include forgetting to apply the distributive property, incorrectly distributing exponents, making calculation errors, and not checking your work. It is important to double check your work and be mindful of the rules and steps involved in solving equations.