Brane World and Gauss-Bonnet Term

• Thread starter alejandrito29
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Term
In summary, the conversation is about a student studying physics in Chile and working on their thesis on "brane world and Gauss-Bonnet term." The student has studied Randall Sundrum 1 and 2 models and some papers on the topic, but their teacher is not helping them and they need to find a new topic that has not been done before. The advice given is to come up with an original thesis and there are plenty of references available on the subject.
alejandrito29
help plis...

Hello

I study physics in chile. I am doing my thesis in "brane world and gauss bonnet term"...i studied randall sundrum 1 and 2 models, and some paper abaut the topic...My teacher of thesis does not help me...

I need find a topic abaut this subject that has not been done...My teacher says that my thesis has to be something new...unfortunately, i don't know another teacher to change...

Any suggestion here or a personal message, plis

Physics news on Phys.org

alejandrito29 said:
Hello

I study physics in chile. I am doing my thesis in "brane world and gauss bonnet term"...i studied randall sundrum 1 and 2 models, and some paper abaut the topic...My teacher of thesis does not help me...

I need find a topic abaut this subject that has not been done...My teacher says that my thesis has to be something new...unfortunately, i don't know another teacher to change...

Any suggestion here or a personal message, plis
Sounds like a pretty normal situation. Your thesis should be original, and you should come up with it on your own. It's a difficult road, but when you finish you'll be glad you went through the pain. There are plenty of references on brane worlds and Gauss-Bonnet gravity. Keep it up!

Related to Brane World and Gauss-Bonnet Term

1. What is "Brane World" in cosmology?

"Brane World" refers to the theory that our observable universe is a 3-dimensional "brane" that is embedded in a higher dimensional space. This theory is proposed in order to explain the weakness of gravity compared to other fundamental forces.

2. What is the Gauss-Bonnet term in the Brane World theory?

The Gauss-Bonnet term is a mathematical term used in the brane world theory to describe the curvature of spacetime in higher dimensions. It is added to the Einstein-Hilbert action in order to account for the extra dimensions.

3. How does the Gauss-Bonnet term affect the behavior of gravity in the Brane World theory?

The Gauss-Bonnet term affects the behavior of gravity by introducing higher order curvature terms, which can lead to modifications in the gravitational force at small scales. It also affects the dynamics of the extra dimensions, potentially leading to a different evolution of the universe compared to traditional cosmological models.

4. What evidence supports the existence of extra dimensions in the Brane World theory?

There is currently no direct evidence for the existence of extra dimensions in the Brane World theory. However, there are some proposed experiments, such as the Large Hadron Collider, that may be able to provide evidence for the existence of extra dimensions through the detection of particles that can only exist in higher dimensional spacetimes.

5. What are some potential implications of the Brane World theory?

The Brane World theory has potential implications for our understanding of the early universe, as well as the behavior of gravity at small scales. It could also have implications for the search for a unified theory of physics, as it incorporates elements of both general relativity and string theory. Further research and experiments are needed to fully understand the potential implications of this theory.