Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help With 180 Degree Phase Shift

  1. Nov 30, 2011 #1
    I want to take an audio signal, and shift the waveform 180 degrees. How would I do this? I have read that if you take a simple class a amplifier, and feed the signal into the base of the NPN transistor, you will get an output that is shifted 180 degress. Example:

    Will this work?
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 30, 2011 #2


    User Avatar
    Gold Member

    Schmoopsiepoo, Welcome to Physics Forums!

    The Example you posted has a red "X" inside it and does not work. But you are correct about a class "A" amplifier: its output is 180 degrees out of phase with the input.
  4. Nov 30, 2011 #3


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Similar Discussions: Help With 180 Degree Phase Shift
  1. Phase Shift (Replies: 1)

  2. 90 degree phase shift? (Replies: 3)

  3. AC Inductor phase shift (Replies: 35)

  4. QPSK phase shift (Replies: 2)