Get Expert Help with Chem Homework: Writing Germanium Dioxide (GeO2) Equation

In summary, to write this equation, you need to balance it by heating Germanium dioxide (GeO2) with carbon to obtain germanium and carbon monoxide, represented as GeO2 + C + Heat => Ge + CO. The enthalpy arrow can be written as Q or \mathcal{Q}, while redox is a reminder to balance the equation.
Dragonfly6191
Can someone tell me how to write this equation?
Germanium dioxide (GeO2) is heated with carbon to obtain germanium and carbon monoxide.

Physics news on Phys.org
GeO2 + C + Heat => Ge + CO

You can balance it yourself, its pretty easy. You wouldn't normally write + heat but I can't draw the enthalpy arrow on here.

Write it

[tex] GeO_{2}+C+\mathcal{Q}\rightarrow Ge+CO\uparrow [/tex]

and do the redox.

Daniel.

dextercioby said:
Write it

[tex] GeO_{2}+C+\mathcal{Q}\rightarrow Ge+CO\uparrow [/tex]

and do the redox.

Daniel.

Nice LaTex Dan!, nice touch on CO going off as a gas. I might have used [tex] Q [/tex] instead of [tex] \mathcal{Q} [/tex]. But that's just me. :biggrin: So that is a better symbol for adding heat rather than [tex] \Delta H[/tex] ? :uhh: By the way Dfly, redox is an "advanced" way of reminding you to balance your equation.

Everyone knows that [itex] H [/itex] stands for enthalpy (where it is possible not to confuse it with the hamiltonian),while [itex] Q/\mathcal{Q} [/itex] stands for heat.:wink:

Daniel.

1. What topics does "Help with Chem Homework" cover?

"Help with Chem Homework" covers a wide range of topics in chemistry, including general chemistry, organic chemistry, biochemistry, physical chemistry, and more. Our team of experts can assist with homework assignments, lab reports, and test preparation.

2. How do I submit my homework for help?

You can submit your homework for help by filling out a form on our website or sending us an email with your assignment attached. Our team will review your homework and provide you with step-by-step explanations and solutions.

3. Is "Help with Chem Homework" available for all levels of education?

Yes, "Help with Chem Homework" is available for all levels of education, from high school to college and beyond. Our team consists of experts with advanced degrees in chemistry, so we can assist with homework at any level.

4. How long does it take to get help with my chemistry homework?

The time it takes to get help with your chemistry homework depends on the complexity of the assignment and the availability of our experts. However, we strive to provide timely assistance and will communicate with you regarding the estimated time for completion.

5. Is "Help with Chem Homework" affordable?

Yes, "Help with Chem Homework" is affordable. We understand that students may have limited budgets, so we offer competitive pricing for our services. Additionally, we offer discounts for first-time users and bulk purchases of homework help.