Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help with Elec Eng project

1. Sep 17, 2008 #1
    Hi there,
    I am curretly studying Elec Eng in college and have been given a year project to do, however I am at a blank on what to do it on.

I'm interested in renewable energy so along those lines maybe but can anyone please help with ideas. Maybe some of the members here have such projects done. Any help would be very grateful.

Great site by the way

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 17, 2008 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF. Can you give us some examples of some good projects that have been done in the past at your school? What year in EE are you? What kind of things/projects have you built in the past?

4. Sep 18, 2008 #3
    Thanks for your reply. I am a 3rd year and this is our first major one this year. Last year we had to design the electrical layout for a building which takes a 30KW load. Not much involved.
    Past projects include synch two motors together, designing a compression system for tennis ball machine, solar panels. They want us to come up with original ideas though.

5. Sep 18, 2008 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?