Need Ideas for Renewable Energy Electrical Engineering Project?

• Thread starter eleceng80
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Project
In summary, the conversation involves a student seeking ideas for a year-long project in electrical engineering. They mention their interest in renewable energy and past projects they have completed. Other members suggest searching for ideas online and provide helpful resources.
eleceng80
Hi there,
I am curretly studying Elec Eng in college and have been given a year project to do, however I am at a blank on what to do it on.

I'm interested in renewable energy so along those lines maybe but can anyone please help with ideas. Maybe some of the members here have such projects done. Any help would be very grateful.

Great site by the way

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. Can you give us some examples of some good projects that have been done in the past at your school? What year in EE are you? What kind of things/projects have you built in the past?

Thanks for your reply. I am a 3rd year and this is our first major one this year. Last year we had to design the electrical layout for a building which takes a 30KW load. Not much involved.
Past projects include synch two motors together, designing a compression system for tennis ball machine, solar panels. They want us to come up with original ideas though.

1. What is an electrical engineering project?

An electrical engineering project is a practical application of electrical principles to design, develop, and implement a system or device that solves a specific problem or meets a specific need.

2. What are some common challenges faced in electrical engineering projects?

Some common challenges in electrical engineering projects include managing resources and budgets, meeting project deadlines, troubleshooting technical issues, and ensuring safety and compliance with regulations.

3. How can I get help with my electrical engineering project?

There are several ways to get help with your electrical engineering project. You can consult with your peers or professors, seek guidance from experts in the field, or utilize online resources such as forums and tutorials.

4. What skills are required for a successful electrical engineering project?

Some essential skills for a successful electrical engineering project include problem-solving, critical thinking, attention to detail, technical knowledge, teamwork, and effective communication.

5. How can I ensure the success of my electrical engineering project?

To ensure the success of your electrical engineering project, it is crucial to have a clear understanding of the project requirements, establish a realistic timeline, allocate resources effectively, and regularly communicate with your team and stakeholders to track progress and address any challenges that may arise.