1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help with everything

  1. Dec 15, 2008 #1
    im 17
    I finished my GCSEs at school over a year ago.
    I got 4 GCSEs with a C and the rest were lower.
    In science (this was all three sciences in one) i only got a double C, this was because of my chemistry and biology results. i didnt particually enjoy these areas, but in physics i was completley interested and i enjoyed working in all the areas of physics.
    Because of these low GCSEs i coudnt take science for A levels.
    I took a 5 month computer course and gotten several Microsoft qualifications and an NVQ level 3 in comms technologies.
    That finished and i have been working part time for a few months.
    in my spare time i have been reading books that are physics'y. (Astro and Optics mostly)

    so i there annyway i can get back into physics?

  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 15, 2008 #2


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

    I'm assuming you need "A level" courses to be accepted into a university program. If you're out of high school your best option is to pick up the ones that are necessary through a "university prep" program offered by a local community college.

    But read the admissions policies carefully - as you may just qualify to get in with what you already have.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook