1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help with resolving along a plane

1. Oct 3, 2004 #1
    Hi i have a problem withresolving along a plane, i have a pipe inclined at theta degrees to the horizontal thet is being held in position by two pipes, one that is positioned a from its weight under the pipe and one that is positioned b from the weight on top of the pipe. i have taken moments about the pipe that is located over the pipe and found an expression for its normal reaction force but no i need to resolve along the plane and have no mass moving along the plane so i don't know what kind of distances i need to include in my equation??? If anyone could advise me on this the help would be greatly apprieciated

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 3, 2004 #2

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

This question, as stated, makes no sense at all. How about copying the problem exactly as it was given?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?