Help with Simple High School Physics

In summary, the conversation is about finding momentum in high school physics using only mass and height. The participants discuss the relationship between potential and kinetic energy, as well as the formula for finding momentum. They also mention a physics assignment that involves finding momentum with given mass and height.
duke1
Help with "Simple" High School Physics

Hey, does anyone know how to find the momentum when you only have mass and height?

Physics news on Phys.org
How does potential energy relate to kinetic energy?

I think it's a trick. Is momentum proportional to energy?

I have a problem on a physics assignment to find momentum and all I'm given is the mass and a height. Once I come up with a formula for that I should be able to find the rest. Any ideas?

p=mv.. so if its not moving then momentum is zero. there has to be some context like maybe the final momentum when a mass is dropped from a height? or something...

ok this post wasnt really detailed but thx...ive put up a new one though..."Finding momentum with height and mass" that has the problem and all

1. What is the difference between distance and displacement?

Distance is the total length of the path traveled by an object, while displacement is the shortest distance between the starting and ending points of an object's motion.

2. How do I calculate acceleration?

Acceleration is calculated by dividing the change in velocity by the change in time. The formula is: a = (vf - vi) / t, where a is acceleration, vf is final velocity, vi is initial velocity, and t is time.

3. What is the difference between speed and velocity?

Speed is the rate at which an object moves, while velocity includes both the speed and direction of motion. In other words, velocity is a vector quantity, while speed is a scalar quantity.

4. What is Newton's First Law of Motion?

Newton's First Law of Motion, also known as the Law of Inertia, states that an object will remain at rest or in uniform motion in a straight line unless acted upon by an external force.

5. How do I calculate work?

Work is calculated by multiplying the force applied to an object by the distance it moves in the direction of the force. The formula is: W = F * d, where W is work, F is force, and d is distance.