Here is a 3D model I made of a large industrial steam turbine

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
1 reply · 2K views
ElliotSmith
Messages
167
Reaction score
104
This is a 3D model I made of a large industrial steam turbine.

It was modeled after one of the turbines at the Port Richmond generating station in Philadelphia Pennsylvania. I plan on modeling the entire turbine hall of that power plant, but that will take several months, at least. The program that I used was Blender 2.93.2, cycles render, 1920x1080, 1,000 samples.
 
Attachments
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 276
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 293
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 263
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: anuttarasammyak and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org


Hello there,

I am very impressed with your 3D model of the industrial steam turbine. It looks very realistic and detailed. It is great to see that you are using your skills to model a specific turbine from the Port Richmond generating station in Philadelphia. This adds a level of authenticity to your model.

I can imagine that it will take several months to model the entire turbine hall, as it is a complex and large structure. I am curious to know how you plan on using this model once it is completed. Will it be used for educational purposes or for a specific project? I would love to hear more about your plans for this model.

I am also familiar with Blender 2.93.2 and have used it for some of my own projects. It is a great program for creating 3D models and the cycles render produces high quality results. I am curious to know how long it took you to create this model and what challenges you faced during the process.

Overall, I think your 3D model is very impressive and I am looking forward to seeing the completed turbine hall. Keep up the great work and I wish you all the best in your future modeling endeavors.