He's lurking in this very forum

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Forum
In summary, "he" refers to a person or entity actively observing or monitoring the discussions on this forum. It may not be dangerous to have someone lurking, unless they are causing harm or disruption. It is difficult to tell if someone is lurking, but you may notice them viewing posts without leaving comments. Privacy policies are usually in place to protect user information, but you can adjust your settings. If someone is making you uncomfortable, report their behavior to the moderators.
JamesU
Gold Member
he's lurking in this very forum...

Physics news on Phys.org
:mad: stop acting like I'm a ghost!

you, are a zombie. but also, you're a thread. no thread posts on PF

Are you ok, yomamma?Why are you talking to yourself? :wink:

I think yomomma needs to be committed...

I think he diserves a ban for a few days. :devil:

Daniel.

Why?Do you want to kill GD?

Nope, that would mean having YOU banned. :tongue2:

Daniel.

Great idea.At least others get rid of chitchat!

1. Who is "he" and why is he lurking in this forum?

"He" refers to a person or entity who is actively observing or monitoring the discussions and interactions on this forum. The reason for lurking could vary, but it could be for research purposes, personal interest, or to gather information.

2. Is it dangerous to have someone lurking in the forum?

It depends on the intentions of the person lurking. Generally, if they are not causing harm or disrupting the forum, there is no danger. However, if you feel uncomfortable or notice any suspicious behavior, it is always best to report it to the forum moderators.

3. How can I tell if someone is lurking in the forum?

It is difficult to know for sure if someone is lurking in the forum, as they may not actively participate in discussions. However, you may notice them viewing threads or posts without leaving any comments or reactions.

4. Should I be concerned about my privacy if someone is lurking in the forum?

Most forums have privacy policies in place to protect the personal information of its users. However, if you are concerned about your privacy, you can adjust your account settings to limit the visibility of your personal information.

5. How can I deal with someone who is constantly lurking in the forum and making me feel uncomfortable?

If you feel uncomfortable or harassed by someone lurking in the forum, it is important to report their behavior to the moderators. They can take appropriate action to address the situation and ensure the safety and comfort of all forum users.