Hi everybody,this is my first post. So sorry for the possible

• Thread starter matthew82
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hi
In summary, the conversation discusses the Bjorken X and Y variables, which are used in deep inelastic scattering experiments to determine the momentum fraction carried by a particle and understand light-cone scaling. The link provided offers more information on the experiment and its results, but does not cover the calculation of the scattering angle from the Bjorken Y variable.
matthew82
Hi everybody,
this is my first post. So sorry for the possible trivial question.
Can someone explain me what is Y-bjorken?
And what is the difference with X-bjorken?

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org

Bjorken X is a scaling variable used in deep inelastic scattering..for more info on this experiment see this:

http://ikpe1101.ikp.kfa-juelich.de/briefbook_part_detectors/node42.html#41

It gives the momentum fraction carried by an inclusively observed particle. Structure functions are mainly dependent on this variable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bjorken discovered what is known as light-cone scaling, (or "Bjorken scaling") a phenomenon in the deep inelastic scattering of light on strongly interacting particles, known as hadrons (such as protons and neutrons)... think that's what you're looking for.

I have a question related to the Bjorken Y-variable which I don't believe has been covered by the link so far. How does one calculate the scattering angle [itex]$\theta$[\latex] from the Bjorken Y variable?

1. What is the purpose of your post?

The purpose of my post is to introduce myself and apologize for any mistakes I may make as this is my first post.

2. Can you tell us a little about yourself?

Sure! I am a scientist who is passionate about research and discovery. I specialize in the field of biology and have been working in the field for the past 10 years.

3. What inspired you to become a scientist?

I have always been curious about the world around me and have a strong desire to understand how things work. This curiosity and passion for learning led me to pursue a career in science.

4. What do you hope to achieve through your research?

Through my research, I hope to contribute to the scientific community by discovering new information and insights that can benefit society. I also hope to inspire others to pursue careers in science and make a positive impact in the world.

5. How do you plan to use your knowledge and skills as a scientist?

I plan to use my knowledge and skills to continue conducting research, sharing my findings with others, and mentoring and teaching the next generation of scientists. I also hope to collaborate with other scientists to tackle complex problems and make meaningful contributions to society.