Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hi There !

1. Sep 13, 2004 #1
    Hello everyone !
    I've just joined this forum.I am a university physics student.Just wanted to drop in and say a big HI ! to everyone !!!!!!!!!

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 13, 2004 #2
    Howdy Bobster!

THANK GOD I GOT TO YOU FIRST!!!

Last time a newbie posted here (named Sandra) everybody scared her off.

Now this time, guys and girls, don't scare away the new ones.

ESPECIALLY Chrono, Jimmy and Evo... that back hair thing was pretty weird...

4. Sep 13, 2004 #3
    Hello Bobster.

We are a friendly type. We are not strange in anyway. :rolleyes: You should find some nice, helpful people here.

Welcome Bobster. :biggrin:

The Bob (2004 ©)

5. Sep 13, 2004 #4
    And from the post Sandra first posted (we scared her away):
    Bob, twice now you've said that.... You don't think saying that scares people away, do you?

Bobster, please don't leave.

Seriously though, if there's ever anything you need, don't hesitate to ask. :wink:

6. Sep 13, 2004 #5
    Trying to show that we are like that and avoiding the point with the opposites.

The Bob (2004 ©)

7. Sep 13, 2004 #6
    Heya ! Thanks for welcoming ! i dont see why people get scared and run away :confused: .Anyways i am here to stay.Might be busy with loads of stuff to do at uni but i'll try my best to pop in and have fun frequently! :cool:
    Bye for now ! :smile:

8. Sep 13, 2004 #7
    Yah Bob! Looks like we've finally snatched one... let's tie him down... :devil:

:biggrin:

So what specifically are you studying at uni?

I only ask because we need to get to know our victims before we... woops, I mean... well I was just asking...

(only joking) :tongue2:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2004
  9. Sep 13, 2004 #8
    Yes, fast. :biggrin:

The Bob (2004 ©)

10. Sep 13, 2004 #9

Tsu

Gold Member

Let's put him in the BIG cage, OK? If he's a uni student, he'll need lots of room for his books... :biggrin:

Welcome, Bobster!! (Don't worry. We only get like this cuz we're a little.. you know... different. :wink:)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2004
  11. Sep 13, 2004 #10

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to PF Bobster!! I think you will find this is a fun and helpful place.

You may stop by the hospitality room any time to pick up your new PF member "Official Welcome Kit". This handy kit contains helpful information such as warnings about, I mean information on some of our PF regulars, as well as a key to the exclusive PF "Members Only" restroom. On your way out you may help yourself to some fish, or try our new PF low carb cereal.

Don't believe what they say about jimmy p, it's only partially true! :biggrin:

12. Sep 13, 2004 #11
    Me thinks he protesteth too much.

Welcome Bobster! :biggrin:

Mental Note: Don't mention jimmy p, Evo, or The Bob

Oops, did I just write that?

13. Sep 13, 2004 #12

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Howdy Bobster. Welcome to PF and enjoy the ride !! :smile:

<psst...stay under the speed limit...the cops here can get pretty nasty...:wink: :biggrin: >

14. Sep 13, 2004 #13
    welcome, welcome, welcome, as another Uni student, I welcome you, so you are welcomed, and please feel free to be welcomed

15. Sep 13, 2004 #14
    Hey bobster. I have a step sister that goes to uni (assuming you mean university of northern iowa)

PF is awesome. I have no doubt you'll like it here.

Paden Roder

16. Sep 14, 2004 #15
    Hiya !

I do Bsc.Astronomy with Astrophysics :surprised

BTW : I am a Brit,so you know...we have a different accent :tongue2:

17. Sep 14, 2004 #16
    I didn't know we now had crab. WOW.

:rolleyes:

There is nothing wrong with us. We are nice, friendly, strang.... erm..... unusua.......erm....... nice. :rofl:

The Bob (2004 ©)

18. Sep 14, 2004 #17

jimmy p

Gold Member

OOh a NeWbIe now!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! and you are British... goodo. What uni you at?

Yeah, to quote stereophonics "half the lies they tell aint true", I'm not quite the person everyone thinks I am really, sure I have a leash and I live in the attic, and I get fed a bucket of fish-heads once a week, but you know, you gotta live somehow.

Howdy

Howdy

Howdy

Howdy

Howdy

Howdy.

:biggrin:

19. Sep 14, 2004 #18
    so YOU'RE Bart Simpson's evil twin brother, OMG this is amazing, i know a celebrety

20. Sep 15, 2004 #19

jimmy p

Gold Member

Guilty as charged... though Bart was actually the evil twin. So.. how do you want your autograph? scanned and emailed? Or in the post? :tongue2:

21. Sep 15, 2004 #20

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Welcome.

Don't forget to send me the $100 registration fee.

BTW some of you others still haven't paid up!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?