High Impedance Air-Core Coils: Where to Buy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jdo300
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Coils Impedance
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 5K views
Jdo300
Messages
548
Reaction score
5
Hello All,

I have been doing some experiments with inductors of various sizes and inductances. I was wondering if anyone here knows of any suppliers out there that sell high impedance air-core inductors (a few thousand turns of high gauge wire (30 gauge or so)) that can be purchased off the shelf. So far, I have been winding my own on empty radio shack spools but really need to get some that are wound better than the ones I make. One place I used in the past was parts express but most of their inductors are using larger gauge wire (AWG20 and lower). What do you all think?

Thanks,
Jason O
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Hi berkeman,

thanks for the tip, I'll look into that more :-).

- Jason O