Hight Function!

• Thread starter bayan
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hi guys.

I was doing a SAC and there were two questions

one was [tex]y=\frac {1}{X^2}-1[/tex] and the other was [tex]y=\frac {-1}{X^2}+4[/tex]

I got the hight function to be [tex]h=e^\frac{V}{\pi}-1[/tex] where V is the volume and max hight is 3 for the first function [tex]y=\frac {1}{X^2}-1[/tex]

Can someone help me to find the hight function of the other function plz.

The Volume of both graphs are same.

Thanx in advance.

Answers and Replies

is this the hight function of second function??? [tex]h=e^\frac{-V}{\pi}-4[/tex]

matt grime
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
would you mind defining a 'hight' function. I can find no references for it (other than misspelling it as height when it is defined for abelian groups according to planet math)

HallsofIvy
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
bayan said:
Hi guys.

I was doing a SAC and there were two questions

one was [tex]y=\frac {1}{X^2}-1[/tex] and the other was [tex]y=\frac {-1}{X^2}+4[/tex]
[tex]y= \frac{1}{X^2}-1[/tex] is not a question- it is a function or equation. What was the question??

I got the hight function to be [tex]h=e^\frac{V}{\pi}-1[/tex] where V is the volume and max hight is 3 for the first function [tex]y=\frac {1}{X^2}-1[/tex]

Can someone help me to find the hight function of the other function plz.

The Volume of both graphs are same.

Thanx in advance.
I didn't know a graph had a volume! I assume "hight" was a misprint for "height" but I'm still not sure what you mean by the "height" of a function.

Last edited by a moderator:
HallsofIvy said:
[tex]y= \frac{1}{X^2-2}-1[/tex] is not a question- it is a function or equation. What was the question??

I didn't know a graph had a volume! I assume "hight" was a misprint for "height" but I'm still not sure what you mean by the "height" of a function.
Sorry about my BAD english but all I intended to say is how can I find the rate of change of height with respect to change in volume from the second equation.

Hope that makes it abit more clear.