Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hight Function!

1. Aug 11, 2005 #1
    Hi guys.

I was doing a SAC and there were two questions

one was [tex]y=\frac {1}{X^2}-1[/tex] and the other was [tex]y=\frac {-1}{X^2}+4[/tex]

I got the hight function to be [tex]h=e^\frac{V}{\pi}-1[/tex] where V is the volume and max hight is 3 for the first function [tex]y=\frac {1}{X^2}-1[/tex]

Can someone help me to find the hight function of the other function plz.

The Volume of both graphs are same.

Thanx in advance.
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 11, 2005 #2
    is this the hight function of second function??? [tex]h=e^\frac{-V}{\pi}-4[/tex]
  4. Aug 11, 2005 #3

matt grime

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

would you mind defining a 'hight' function. I can find no references for it (other than misspelling it as height when it is defined for abelian groups according to planet math)
  5. Aug 11, 2005 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

[tex]y= \frac{1}{X^2}-1[/tex] is not a question- it is a function or equation. What was the question??

I didn't know a graph had a volume! I assume "hight" was a misprint for "height" but I'm still not sure what you mean by the "height" of a function.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2005
  6. Aug 11, 2005 #5
    Sorry about my BAD english but all I intended to say is how can I find the rate of change of height with respect to change in volume from the second equation.

Hope that makes it abit more clear.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?