HiI'm a freshman at IIT,Kanpur and wish to intern/work on a

• Thread starter DV10
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Freshman
In summary, to find a research project or internship in computer vision, swarm robotics, and neural networks, you should research programs at universities, companies, and organizations, and also reach out to professors involved in these areas and provide background information on your experience and qualifications.
DV10
Hi!
I'm a freshman at IIT,Kanpur and wish to intern/work on a research project this summer.I'm a metallurgical engineering major but want to work on something related to computer vision(Real time object modelling,maybe),or swarm robotics,and/or neural networks this summer.I've learned about these things since high school(by learned I mean books,video lectures and lots of IEEE papers).I've read about programs at Carnegie Mellon,Willow garage,etc.How should I go about this?Should I be finding out professors in universities and emailing them?Or should I be searching for programs?Also,what exactly does a professor want to hear to even consider my application for research/internship(whether I should be emailing only people who are involved in such programs)?
thanks
dv

Physics news on Phys.org
hThe best way to go about finding a research project or internship in the areas you mentioned is to start by doing some research. Look into any programs that may be offered at universities that specialize in these topics, and also look into potential companies or organizations that offer internships or research opportunities. You can also reach out to professors who are involved in research in these areas and inquire about any projects that they may have available. Be sure to provide some background information on your experience and qualifications so they get a sense of your skills and knowledge. Good luck!

Related to HiI'm a freshman at IIT,Kanpur and wish to intern/work on a

1. What is IIT Kanpur?

IIT Kanpur (Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur) is a premier engineering and technology institute located in Kanpur, India. It was established in 1959 and is known for its high-quality education and research programs.

2. What kind of internships/work opportunities are available at IIT Kanpur?

IIT Kanpur offers a wide range of internship and work opportunities for students, both within the institute and with external organizations. These opportunities cover various fields such as engineering, sciences, humanities, and management.

3. How can I apply for an internship/work opportunity at IIT Kanpur?

To apply for an internship or work opportunity at IIT Kanpur, you can visit the institute's official website or contact the relevant department or faculty. You can also check for job openings on the institute's career portal.

4. What are the benefits of interning/working at IIT Kanpur?

Interning or working at IIT Kanpur can provide you with valuable hands-on experience, exposure to cutting-edge research, and networking opportunities with top professionals in your field. It can also enhance your resume and open doors for future career opportunities.

5. Is there any financial support available for interns/workers at IIT Kanpur?

Yes, IIT Kanpur provides financial support to students who are selected for internships or work opportunities within the institute. This may include a monthly stipend, accommodation, and other benefits depending on the nature of the internship/work and the funding available.