Homeland Security New feature

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Security
In summary, this website allows anyone to view your Drivers license picture and other personal information.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
This is upsetting but I thought I should pass it along. Check your Drivers license. Now you can see anyone's Driver's License on the Internet, including your own! I just searched for mine and there it was. . . picture and all!

Thanks Homeland Security! Where are our rights? I definitely removed mine. I suggest you do the same... Go to the website and check it out. Just enter your name, city and state to see if yours is on file. After your license comes on the screen, click the box marked "Please Remove". This will remove it from public viewing, but not from law enforcement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Wow! I know the ladies won't be happy that Age and Weight are visible! I am surpised this site has not been shut down!

I know, this site is just wrong. :grumpy:

Ahhh, the land of the free...

I wondered how long it would take for this to show up in GD. It is truly an atrosity- Welcome to the Police State... It even shows the signature, that is truly dangerous.

O.O
Ok, that makes me mad, I just checked and yup, it looks even worse online than in person :*(
I don't want people to be able to see this :mad: :mad:

I knew my picture came out horribly...I can't believe they'd post it all over the internet. :grumpy:

Moonbear said:
I knew my picture came out horribly...I can't believe they'd post it all over the internet. :grumpy:

Where's Danger (or come to think of it, Zoob) to say something about the driving license photo being the least of your worries when it comes to Moonbear photos circulating the internet?! :tongue2:

Ohh, was that MB in that mass e-mail they sent out? I wondered about the habit, but since the habit was off for most of the pics I did not make the connection. :smile:

Who does she think she is fooling though? I am certain that a nun's habit does not look like that picture I got:
http://www.lingerie-uk-online.co.uk/modules/shop/images/83127.jpg

Welcome to the Police State...
Police state? :confused:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That is all.

brewnog said:
Where's Danger
Sorry, mate. I just got here. Thanks for taking up the slack. :approve:

Evo said:
This is upsetting but I thought I should pass it along. Check your Drivers license. Now you can see anyone's Driver's License on the Internet, including your own! I just searched for mine and there it was. . . picture and all!
Thanks Homeland Security! Where are our rights? I definitely removed mine. I suggest you do the same... Go to the website and check it out. Just enter your name, city and state to see if yours is on file. After your license comes on the screen, click the box marked "Please Remove". This will remove it from public viewing, but not from law enforcement.
http://www.license.shorturl.com

Interestingly, Netcraft reports this as a phishing scam site

http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot3xs.png
http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot13wj.png

Geez, you guys don't have any sense of humor. It doesn't ask for any information someone couldn't get out of a phone book, so I doubt it's a phishing scam...it's just a joke. :rolleyes: I guess the rest of us keep a straighter face than you expected. :biggrin:

Thanks for the link Pengwuino, I thought Evo was serious! :rolleyes:

mattmns said:
Thanks for the link Pengwuino, I thought Evo was serious! :rolleyes:

This is a serious offense, shall we throw her in the stocks?

Moonbear said:
Geez, you guys don't have any sense of humor. It doesn't ask for any information someone couldn't get out of a phone book, so I doubt it's a phishing scam...it's just a joke. :rolleyes: I guess the rest of us keep a straighter face than you expected. :biggrin:

It doesn't have to ask for information. On an improperly configured windows system (Read: the way its sold to you out of the box) a website can install keylogging software onto your computer.

Of course, I don't use Windows, I'm probably the world's 2nd most paranoid person when it comes to computer security, second only to Theo de Raadt.

Good thing I don't use windows then. :biggrin:

Oh great, more spyware :(

Well, if you guys don't think the site is on the up and up, I'll remove the link from Evo's post (I don't see her around for her to do it herself). Don't want to risk anyone getting infected with something malicious, and I'm sure that she wouldn't want that either.

... People actually fell for it? Geezes. It's like I'm the only one who still tests sites by typing in "Dope Man" these days.

http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/7186/dopeman8va.jpg

Honestly...

Moonbear said:
Well, if you guys don't think the site is on the up and up, I'll remove the link from Evo's post (I don't see her around for her to do it herself). Don't want to risk anyone getting infected with something malicious, and I'm sure that she wouldn't want that either.

The only reason I though anything of it was netcraft's warning. Otherwise I wouldn't have thought anything of it. However, once I had the warning I was not going to take the risk of not mentioning it.

Smurf said:
... People actually fell for it? Geezes. It's like I'm the only one who still tests sites by typing in "Dope Man" these days.
http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/7186/dopeman8va.jpg
Honestly...

How'd you get my drivers license.

franznietzsche said:
The only reason I though anything of it was netcraft's warning. Otherwise I wouldn't have thought anything of it. However, once I had the warning I was not going to take the risk of not mentioning it.
I agree. It looks like nothing more than just a joke to me, but since you got that warning, it's better to be safe I suppose. We can edit the address back in if anyone can definitely verify it's only a joke site and nothing harmful.

_WARPhotos_images_misc_ca_drivers_license.jpg

Here's mine...

franznietzsche said:
Interestingly, Netcraft reports this as a phishing scam site
http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot3xs.png
http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot13wj.png
There's nothing wrong with the site. Some fool probably didn't realize it was a joke and reported it. It doesn't even ask for an address.

The site was checked through my company's system and contains nothing malicious.

What a buch of paranoid worry warts. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Evo said:
There's nothing wrong with the site. Some fool probably didn't realize it was a joke and reported it. It doesn't even ask for an address.
The site was checked through my company's system and contains nothing malicious.
Whar a buch of paranoid worry warts. :biggrin:
Sorry Evo...I don't know how that software works, so decided to err on the side of caution when Franz said it was coming up as a phishing scam. That didn't make a lot of sense based on the minimal information it requests, but then Pengwuino followed up with it installing something that could log keystrokes (since I use a Mac, I have no way to verify what these things do on a Windows system), and I decided to just not take any chances, especially since nobody else was around last night to ask while this was being discussed. They already spoiled the joke by then anyway. :frown: It seems I was the one fooled, by Franz and Pengwuino. :grumpy: *waves cane in air* I'll get you guys for this! :tongue:

Moonbear said:
Sorry Evo...I don't know how that software works, so decided to err on the side of caution when Franz said it was coming up as a phishing scam. That didn't make a lot of sense based on the minimal information it requests, but then Pengwuino followed up with it installing something that could log keystrokes (since I use a Mac, I have no way to verify what these things do on a Windows system), and I decided to just not take any chances, especially since nobody else was around last night to ask while this was being discussed. They already spoiled the joke by then anyway. :frown: It seems I was the one fooled, by Franz and Pengwuino. :grumpy: *waves cane in air* I'll get you guys for this! :tongue:
Always best to err on the side of caution.

Pengwuino's link just says it's a harmless joke. Which the site itself states (I'll bet no one read the verbiage on the site. :rofl: )

Smurf said:
[IG]http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/7186/dopeman8va.jpg[/IG]
Honestly...

I hope you know that I was completely kidding in my reply, just to get more people to have fun :blushing:

moose said:
I hope you know that I was completely kidding in my reply, just to get more people to have fun :blushing:
Everyone knew (I guess except our two more paranoid members) that it was a joke. :biggrin:

People actually fell for that? It's not even a .gov website and there's no such thing as the National Motor Vehicle License Bureau. Each state grants vehicle licenses individually.

Evo said:
Everyone knew (I guess except our two more paranoid members) that it was a joke. :biggrin:

Trying to weasle out of your humiliation eh!

im sorry, don't kill me :frown:

loseyourname said:
People actually fell for that? It's not even a .gov website and there's no such thing as the National Motor Vehicle License Bureau. Each state grants vehicle licenses individually.

My only concern was the netcraft warning. When you've had your personal systems DDOSed, you get paranoid. I even encrypt IM traffic now.

edit: I really like this new edit box. A lot.

franznietzsche said:
My only concern was the netcraft warning. When you've had your personal systems DDOSed, you get paranoid. I even encrypt IM traffic now.
It's always best to be safe than sorry, I did thoroughly check the website out before posting it.

One of the guys I work with had sent it to our group and one guy wrote back to him "I found my driver's license, but there must be some glitch, it had your picture on it". :biggrin:

1. What is the purpose of the new feature in Homeland Security?

The purpose of the new feature in Homeland Security is to enhance the security measures and capabilities of the department in order to protect the nation from various threats, including terrorism, natural disasters, and cyber attacks.

2. How was the need for this new feature determined?

The need for this new feature was determined through thorough risk assessments and analysis of potential vulnerabilities in the current security system. It was also based on feedback and recommendations from experts in the field of national security.

3. What specific areas of security does the new feature address?

The new feature in Homeland Security addresses various areas of security, including border control, transportation security, emergency response, and cybersecurity. It also focuses on improving intelligence gathering and sharing capabilities.

4. How will the new feature impact citizens and travelers?

The new feature is aimed at improving overall security and safety for citizens and travelers. It may result in some changes in security procedures and protocols, but ultimately it is designed to provide better protection for the public.

5. Will the new feature have any effect on privacy rights?

The new feature in Homeland Security is committed to upholding privacy rights and will not compromise individual privacy in any way. Any data collected will be used solely for security purposes and will be handled in accordance with relevant laws and regulations.