Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hooking up 24vdc power supply to motion controller

1. Sep 18, 2011 #1
    Greetings.

I am asking for help connecting a Wago 24vdc power supply to a Galil motion controller. I have a very limited electrcial background.

The power supply (ps) has 120vac L-N-G inputs (I get that part) and outputs 24vdc/2.5A as two plus (+) outputs and two minus (-) outputs.

The inputs on the controller (con) are GND, +VIN, NC, and PE (the three pronged pitchfork symbol).

I'm guessing ps+ goes to con+VIN but the rest I'm un-certain about since the ps does not output a ground or common. I don't know if the ps- goes to the conNC etc etc. It seems I should also run a wire from conPE to the ground busbar in my panel?

A picture is below and believe me any help is really appreciated. Thanks.

Bruce

6159735853_1d9e0a81ae.jpg

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 18, 2011 #2
    You can probably find the information at the manufacturer's website -- http://www.galilmc.com/

If I had to guess, I'd say the controller "GND" is probably for the 24v power supply (-) connection. The photo is too small to see any details.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook