Can someone explain the workings of this FM transmitter circuit in detail?

In summary, the conversation was about explaining how an FM transmitter works. The transmitter uses an oscillator and a variable capacitance diode to vary the frequency of the signal. The circuit diagram and Proteus file were shared to further illustrate the concept. The frequency of the transmitter is based on the LC circuit or tank circuit. More information on the workings of the circuit can be found at the provided link.
fizikzede1
I am a beginner at circuit design.i need to find a way to explain how an fm transmitter works which i do not
so any of you my sincere friends can explain to me how the circuit below works and does the necessary calculations I'm in your debt

Here is sample proteus file and circuit diagram :

Attachments

• CircuitDiagram.jpg
    CircuitDiagram.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 2,070
  • FmTransmitter11.zip
    14.4 KB · Views: 684
Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Sorry
I can't see either of the files you posted.

Instead of posting a link, you need to go to Go Advanced below the message box and upload your schematic.

You are probably interested in how the signal gets frequency modulated.

Somewhere in the transmitter there is an oscillator whose frequency depends on the resonant frequency of a tuned circuit.
A frequency modulator varies either the inductance or the capacitance of this tuned circuit.

A common method is to use a variable capacitance diode whose capacitance varies with the voltage put on it.
This can be a specially designed diode, or it can be a power rectifier diode, or even a LED. But the diode is always reverse biased.
It also needs to be a poor rectifier at the frequency in use or it will generate unwanted DC voltages in the circuit.

So, as the audio produces a variable voltage on the diode, the frequency of the transmitter is also varied.

There are simple FM transmitters which operate at VHF where the variable capacitance is not obvious, but it is achieved by varying the voltages on the transistor in the oscillator and this varies the capacitance of the device. This may be the circuit you intended to attach.

Likes Cool4Kat
Thanks a lot :) I updated circuit diagram and proteus file you can see at attachment.

yaa, the whole circuits works with a certain frequency which is based on the LC ciecuit or tank circuit.

1. How does an FM transmitter work?

An FM transmitter works by converting the audio signal into a radio frequency (RF) signal. This RF signal is then amplified and transmitted through an antenna. The receiver, such as a radio, picks up this signal and converts it back into an audio signal.

2. What is the difference between AM and FM?

The main difference between AM (Amplitude Modulation) and FM (Frequency Modulation) is in the way the audio signal is encoded onto the carrier wave. AM uses the amplitude of the wave to represent the audio signal, while FM uses the frequency of the wave. This results in FM being less susceptible to interference and producing higher sound quality.

3. How does an FM transmitter maintain a steady signal?

An FM transmitter uses a crystal oscillator to generate a stable carrier wave. This wave is then modulated by the audio signal to maintain a steady transmission. Additionally, the transmitter may have a feedback mechanism to constantly adjust the strength of the RF signal to maintain a consistent output.

4. What are the components of an FM transmitter?

The main components of an FM transmitter include an audio source, such as a microphone or audio player, a modulator, which encodes the audio signal onto the carrier wave, an amplifier, which boosts the signal, and an antenna, which transmits the signal. Some transmitters may also have additional components for signal processing and control.

5. How does an FM transmitter switch between different frequencies?

An FM transmitter can switch between different frequencies by using a technique called frequency hopping. This involves rapidly switching between different frequencies within a certain range, which reduces the chances of interference and allows for multiple channels to be used simultaneously. The receiver must also be tuned to the same frequency in order to pick up the signal.