How can I connect a PIC 18f4520 micro-controller to Wi-Fi for home automation?

  • Thread starter Thread starter chandramauli
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Project
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
chandramauli
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
hello every one. I a doing project of wi-fi based home automation using PIC 18f4520 micro-controller.
I need help to connect controller module to wi-fi. So i need help how can i connect it and which module can i used and which type of communication will be performed to do so.

Thanks in advance.please reply asap.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
With only doing some cursory research, I think the PIC you chose might not be able to handle it. However, Microchip offers an embedded Wi-Fi solution that's compatible with a PIC32. Check this link out here:

http://www.microchip.com/pagehandler/en-us/technology/wifi/products/home.html
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Danger and berkeman