How Can I Solve for the Temperature of a Spiral Inductor in Comsol Multiphysics?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 5K views
lycoss
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi, this is my first post.

I'm new in using comsol multiphysics and I'm trying to model a spiral inductor which is placed in an another material (glass) which is over a substrate. The pads of the inductor are outside the material. What I'm trying to find out is, the temperature of the surface of the device given given a dc current of the inductor. i don't know which solver to use working with heat transfer by conduction and conductive media dc.

I usually get a message of singular matrix.

Thanks in advance!
 
Attachments
  • inductor.GIF
    inductor.GIF
    13 KB · Views: 872
Engineering news on Phys.org
A singular matrix is often a sign that something wasn't defined properly in the model. Make sure that the properties of all elements are set properly for all the physics used.