How can mech holder go for further studies in space?

In summary, the conversation is about a person who is currently studying mechanical engineering in India and wants to become a space scientist. They are looking for suggestions on courses in astrophysics or cosmology and colleges in Germany offering those courses. They also mention possibly contacting the German Aerospace Center or the European Space Agency and using Google to find companies and universities in the field. They are also unsure about what exactly they want to do as a space scientist.
Knwldge_huntr
Hi now I'm doing B.E Mechanical Engineering in India. I want to become space scientist. I donno what course to pursue after B.E. And I'm planning to do it in Germany. Can anyone suggests me courses that are available in astrophysics or cosmology and the colleges in Germany offering those courses??

Physics news on Phys.org
Maybe contact the German Aerospace folks?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Aerospace_Center

Or possibly the European Space Agency?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Space_Agency

Google is your friend. Find companies that do work with and for such agencies. Find out what they want as far as employment. Also, Google for universities that do work in the area you are interested in. Maybe you can get work with an engineering or physics department at a university that helps out on the ISS or some such.

When you say "space scientist" what do you have in mind? That could mean anything from you want to be an astronomer to you want to build satellites to you want to study motion sickness in pilots.

Likes Knwldge_huntr and billy_joule

1. How can I become a mechatronics engineer working in space?

To become a mechatronics engineer working in space, you will need to obtain a degree in mechanical engineering or a related field, such as aerospace engineering or robotics. You may also need to specialize in mechatronics, which is an interdisciplinary field combining mechanics, electronics, and computer engineering. Additionally, gaining experience through internships or research opportunities in the aerospace industry can be beneficial.

2. What skills are required to work in space as a mechatronics engineer?

Working in space as a mechatronics engineer requires a combination of technical skills, such as proficiency in mechanical design, electronics, and programming, as well as problem-solving and critical thinking abilities. Communication and teamwork skills are also important, as you will likely be working with a team of engineers and scientists on complex projects.

3. Are there any specific courses or certifications I should pursue to work in space as a mechatronics engineer?

In addition to obtaining a degree in mechanical engineering or a related field, you may want to consider taking courses or obtaining certifications in areas such as robotics, control systems, and space technology. These can help you gain specialized knowledge and skills that are relevant to working in the space industry.

4. What types of companies or organizations hire mechatronics engineers to work in space?

Mechatronics engineers may be hired by various companies and organizations involved in the space industry, such as space agencies, aerospace companies, and research institutions. Some examples include NASA, SpaceX, and Lockheed Martin.

5. Are there any limitations or challenges for mechatronics engineers working in space?

Working in space as a mechatronics engineer can present some unique challenges, such as the extreme environment and the need for specialized equipment and technology. Additionally, the space industry is highly competitive, and obtaining a job in this field may require a lot of hard work, dedication, and networking.