How Can Momentum and Simple Machines Crush a Juice Box?

  • Thread starter Thread starter begginner
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Momentum
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 1K views
begginner
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


I have to crush a juice box using minimum force but plenty of distance and i must use three different types of items from gears to levers and anywhere between.
for this i decided to use momentum to crush it. gravity must not be intentionally used.
Mechanical advantage should be as high as possible and there can be no electricity or thing of the sort.
I have wood and rope and heavy items and i am able to cut the wood to form gears but not exact teeth.

Homework Equations


How would i do this? ( I'm thinking gears and spinning an item attached to a rope)
How long would it take?
What else would i need?
How big?
How would i figure out the mechanical advantage?

The Attempt at a Solution


Gears and string with heavy object is what I am thinking.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Elastics, springs, heavy flywheel/rotating object? You need some form of energy source, something that can do work.
 
That would be me i am supposed to move something constantly.
 
You could try constructing a nutcracker to squash the box.