1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How Computers are used in the field of Physics?

1. Sep 11, 2011 #1
    Hello Friends,

This is my first post here :)

I am writing an assignment on how Computers are used in the field of Physics. I searched the whole web but couldn't find any article about it. Can you please help me find one article?

Thanks,
    Manoj

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 11, 2011 #2

phyzguy

Science Advisor

4. Sep 11, 2011 #3
    Hi phyzguy,

Thanks for the link. But that is entirely different from the topic i want :( It is Computational Physics which is not related to computer science unfortunately.

5. Sep 11, 2011 #4

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So what do you want? Topics related to Physics, or topics related to computer science?

6. Sep 11, 2011 #5
    "How Computers are used in the field of Physics" :D Very Confusing! Computational Physics are calculations in Physics. :)

7. Sep 11, 2011 #6
    Computers are used to perform those calculations because performing them by hand is extremely tedious. Also google "numerical analysis" and "finite element analysis". This is by far the greatest use of computers in physics. There are many simulation applications available that let the user model and simulate pretty much anything in physics, like fluid dynamics, electromagnetics, static and dynamic mechanics, etc.

8. Sep 11, 2011 #7
    Thanks fleem! :) Any more suggestions are appreciated.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook