How did they find this angle?

• Engineering
  • Thread starter AzureSekki
  • Start date

Homework Statement:

How did they get all the angle here in this problem
Except for the angle 65° which is given it's not stated on how they got it so im having a hard time to understand the problem

Relevant Equations:

Find angle
Screenshot_2020-02-23-06-42-55-412_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Answers and Replies

BvU
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2019 Award
Homework Statement:: How did they get all the angle here in this problem
That's a statement of your problem, not of the homework problem.
Provide a complete problem statement
given:​
knowns:​
unknowns:​

im having a hard time to understand the problem
This way, so am I !

##C## doesn't exist ?

Hi,

So I am slightly confused by some of the lettering, but perhaps I am missing something. If you are told that [itex] \angle BON = 65 [/itex], then do you understand the working to find [itex] \angle AOC = 30 degrees [/itex] (I am assuming point C is where point N is)?

If we can accept that, then I think the easiest way to get [itex] \angle BOA [/itex] is just to consider [itex] \angle BON = \angle BOA + \angle AON [/itex]. Solving this yields the same answer of 35 degrees.

I believe they have labeled the 115 degrees by using the fact that line segments BA and ON are parallel and [itex] \angle OBA [/itex] and [itex] \angle BON [/itex] are therefore supplementary ('internal' angles of parallel lines add up to 180 degrees), so they could get 115 from [itex] \angle OBA = 180 - 115 [/itex]

Hope that answers your question. If not, let me know and I will respond appropriately.

Kind regards

BvU
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2019 Award
If not, let me know and I will respond appropriately.
Post the complete problem statement !

Hi,

So I am slightly confused by some of the lettering, but perhaps I am missing something. If you are told that [itex] \angle BON = 65 [/itex], then do you understand the working to find [itex] \angle AOC = 30 degrees [/itex] (I am assuming point C is where point N is)?

If we can accept that, then I think the easiest way to get [itex] \angle BOA [/itex] is just to consider [itex] \angle BON = \angle BOA + \angle AON [/itex]. Solving this yields the same answer of 35 degrees.

I believe they have labeled the 115 degrees by using the fact that line segments BA and ON are parallel and [itex] \angle OBA [/itex] and [itex] \angle BON [/itex] are therefore supplementary ('internal' angles of parallel lines add up to 180 degrees), so they could get 115 from [itex] \angle OBA = 180 - 115 [/itex]

Hope that answers your question. If not, let me know and I will respond appropriately.

Kind regards
Thanks for the clarification

Thread closed, as this is a new thread about an existing problem.

Likes BvU