How did you come up with your username?

• Thread starter ~christina~
  • Start date
In summary, the user's username is their real name with a number added to it to make it unique. They chose it because it was cool and humorous, and it works well for all internet forums.
jimmysnyder said:
Actually a mistress is halfway between a mister and a mattress.
I guess that would be the point.

Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
I watched him perform when I was younger, Lightnin' Hopkins was also on the bill that night, I believe. Are you familiar with him?

Wow, do you mean live? That's pretty amazing. Lightnin hopkins is awesome, he reminds me a bit of john lee hooker

turbo-1 said:
One of my favorite (slightly older than me) contemporaries is Buddy Guy. He made his way to Chicago and wanted to audition with Muddy, and asked for a meal. Muddy stood him to a drink of whiskey saying that he'd be better off singing while hungry. Muddy was killer, as was his bassist Willie Dixon. Many of my local blues friends (in a and called the Blue Flames) backed up his pianist, Pinetop Perkins in his live CD "Live Top". These guys are Mainers that are main-lining Chicago blues and this CD is a killer. Highly recommended.

I'm going to see buddy guy live in july. I'm unbelievably excited.

So then there are a couple other blues fans then. I can't usually talk about blues much because I'm 14 and no one my age likes blues.

So, I've lurked in the homework and chemistry threads for awhile, posting occasionally, but thought I'd make a go-ahead and introduce myself, since I think I'll be sticking around now. This seemed like a good spot for it.

I got my name from the Mel Brooks movie Spaceballs. Huxley was already taken (my usual name), but this works fine by me.

Barfolumu said:
So, I've lurked in the homework and chemistry threads for awhile, posting occasionally, but thought I'd make a go-ahead and introduce myself, since I think I'll be sticking around now. This seemed like a good spot for it.

I got my name from the Mel Brooks movie Spaceballs. Huxley was already taken (my usual name), but this works fine by me.

Hi Barfolumu!

Welcome to PF, Barf.
Get in line for your fish-whap. We've been getting so many new members that there's a bit of a back-log.

guess :)

IHateMayonnaise said:
guess :)

Hmmm... you love mustard?

Danger said:
Hmmm... you love mustard?

although i do not like mustard, i cannot honestly say that i hate it. but seriously, i hate mayonnaise

IHateMayonnaise said:
although i do not like mustard, i cannot honestly say that i hate it. but seriously, i hate mayonnaise

I don't blame you. It's gross. :yuck:

IHateMayonnaise said:
but seriously, i hate mayonnaise

Strangely enough, real mayonnaise is the only condiment that I can tolerate. I'm allergic to vinegar, and real mayonnaise is made with lemon juice. Same for Caesar salad dressing.
Not saying that I like mayonnaise; I'd rather have butter.

*makes a mayonnaise sandwich and nibbles on it while contemplating which fish to whack IHateMayonnnaise with*

THUNK!

That was the canned tuna. Since you hate mayonnaise, there was no point taking it out of the can to make the tuna salad I *was* going to smack you with. :biggrin: Welcome to PF! You've officially been initiated (:uhh: if you survived it that is...)

Danger said:
Strangely enough, real mayonnaise is the only condiment that I can tolerate. I'm allergic to vinegar, and real mayonnaise is made with lemon juice. Same for Caesar salad dressing.
Not saying that I like mayonnaise; I'd rather have butter.

I didn't think mayonnaise had either vinegar or lemon juice. I thought it was basically just eggs and oil.

Hmmm... not sure about that, Moonie. You might be right, but the recipes that I've seen, which are older than both of us put together, indicate a dash of lemon for tartness. (As if anyone could give you lessons on tartiness... :rolleyes:)

Just wanted a short username so 'Air' just came into my mind. :cool:

Moonbear said:
That was the canned tuna. Since you hate mayonnaise, there was no point taking it out of the can
That's certainly unusual. and perhaps even cruel. I think the PF guidelines should be brought up to date with the US constitution (and the end of the middle ages). This thread will probably get moved now, but here is my proposal for a new guideline.

Guidelines on whacking with fish:
While everyone enjoys a good concussion, PF's insurance policy with the NY Death and Casualty Co., through bitter experience with PF, will no longer indemnify against being hit with any of the following:
FIsh weighing more than 100 lbs.
Fish still frozen.
FIsh with weapons, such as swords, sticking out of them.
Fish whose maturity came mostly after the day they died.
Fish that have cloven hooves or chew their cud.
Fish that are still in their natural shell.

I think that last one covers tuna that are still in their can as well as most sardines.

~christina~ said:
so..how did you choose your username and why did you choose it. Mine is my name and I liked the look of swirlies on the side so :wink:

anyone?

You don't want to know.

rocketboy said:
My name comes from the title of the book "rocket boys" which I thought was an excellent read. That, and I was really interested in rocketry/space/flight when I was in high school and wanted to be an astronaut... still do somewhat.

Homer Hickam is the author of that novel. Before Hickam's movie October Sky hit the big screen, he lived in the same neighborhood as me (about 1/2 a mile away). It's just a plain old middle class (I wouldn't even call it uppper-middle class.) neighborhood in Huntsville, Alabama.

stickythighs said:
Homer Hickam is the author of that novel. Before Hickam's movie October Sky hit the big screen, he lived in the same neighborhood as me (about 1/2 a mile away). It's just a plain old middle class (I wouldn't even call it uppper-middle class.) neighborhood in Huntsville, Alabama.

I'm from Huntsville. I was born there and lived there until I was eight. :cool:

Math Is Hard said:
I'm from Huntsville. I was born there and lived there until I was eight. :cool:

What part of town did you live in? Edit: You probably don't remember.

What elementary school did you attend?

stickythighs said:
What part of town did you live in? What elementary school did you attend?

I don't remember the part of town, but I think the schools I went to were called Ridgecrest Elementary and Weatherly Elementary.

I remember I used to go to Big Spring park to feed the ducks. Hunstville was great. I was very sad when we had to move away to Florence.

stickythighs said:
You don't want to know.

Thank you for not answering this question. :rofl:

I put together syllables until something came out that was pronounceable in english and unlikely to be taken anywhere.

Math Is Hard said:
I don't remember the part of town, but I think the schools I went to were called Ridgecrest Elementary and Weatherly Elementary.

I remember I used to go to Big Spring park to feed the ducks. Hunstville was great. I was very sad when we had to move away to Florence.

Ridgecrest Elementary must have closed (I've never heard of it.), but Weatherly Elementary is only about one and a half to two miles from where I lived. Weatherly Elementary is a feeder school to the Middle School that I attended. You probably lived in the Hillwood Neighborhood like me and Homer Hickam.

You lived in Southeast Huntsville.

Small world.