How do i create play and stop button for animation?

• Thread starter eltrinco
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Animation
In summary, to add the play and stop function to the animation, you can use the "uicontrol" function to create buttons and specify callback functions to start and stop the animation.
eltrinco
i have created my animation :

function plot_pix(v,t)

%project 2d pictures

view = [1 0 0 ; 0 1 0]; % projection matrix for 2D pictures
dim = .8e13; %limit of figure
plot(v(:,1),v(:,2),'r.'); %plotting red masses
hold on;

%plot(v(1,1),v(1,2),'y*');-plottint green point

scatter(v(1,1),v(1,2),15,'filled','green'); %a star as the centre for all planets
axis([-dim dim -dim dim]); %limits of figure

axis square %set the figure axis to fit tightly around the data so that the planets which bounce more outwards still can be seen
title(['No. of Steps : ' num2str(t) ]); %title of figure
hold off
shg; % show the most recent figure in window
pause(.02);
end

i want to add the play and stop function in it. how do i do it?

Physics news on Phys.org
You can use the "uicontrol" function to create buttons for play and stop. The code would look something like this: f = figure; % Create Play Buttonuicontrol('Parent', f, 'Style', 'pushbutton', 'String', 'Play', ... 'Position', [20 20 50 20], 'Callback', @play_callback); % Create Stop Buttonuicontrol('Parent', f, 'Style', 'pushbutton', 'String', 'Stop', ... 'Position', [80 20 50 20], 'Callback', @stop_callback); % Callback functions for the buttonsfunction play_callback(hObject, ~) % code to start the animation endfunction stop_callback(hObject, ~) % code to stop the animation end

1. How do I create a play button for my animation?

To create a play button for your animation, you can use HTML and CSS to design a button and add JavaScript functionality to play the animation when the button is clicked. You can also use a third-party animation library, such as GreenSock, to easily add a play button to your animation.

2. Can I add a stop button to my animation as well?

Yes, you can add a stop button to your animation using similar methods as creating a play button. You can use JavaScript to stop the animation when the stop button is clicked, or use a library that provides this functionality.

3. How can I control the speed of my animation?

You can control the speed of your animation by adjusting the duration or timing of each frame in your animation. You can also use CSS animations to specify the animation timing and duration for each keyframe. Additionally, some animation libraries provide methods to control the speed of an animation.

4. Is it possible to have multiple play and stop buttons for different animations on one page?

Yes, it is possible to have multiple play and stop buttons for different animations on one page. You can use unique IDs or classes for each button and target them using JavaScript or CSS to control the specific animation.

5. Can I customize the design of my play and stop buttons?

Yes, you can customize the design of your play and stop buttons using CSS. You can also use images or icons for your buttons and style them using CSS to fit the design of your animation or website.