Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How do i draw graphs with C# + zedgraph

1. Aug 7, 2008 #1
    For my thesis project i'll soon want to draw 2D graphs based on input data coming wirelessly via bluetooth. The signals will be directional motion, acceleration, change in elevation and finally some added data on ECG, heart rate etc.

As I'm planning on having a C# GUI user interface - how would I implement a 2D graphing program?

What I need is a means of plotting the graph in real time and have it scroll across as the data comes in. It can then refresh and show the most recent plots of the data.

Should I use zedgraph? Where can I find useful tutorials/resources/ etc?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 7, 2008 #2
    http://zedgraph.org/wiki/index.php?title=Sample_Graphs ?
  4. Feb 18, 2009 #3
    I developed a quite similar project based on a datalogger recording an xyz accelerometer
    data (12 bits, 240 samples/sec) plus 3 ECG channels (12 bits, 960 samples/sec) on an 2GB SD card and wrote a VB6 program using the NTGRAPH component for the graphs.
    The result was quite OK.
  5. Feb 18, 2009 #4
    Have you considered using the same active x components which are used to draw graphs in excel?
  6. Feb 18, 2009 #5
    No, just used the NTGraph Active X Control.
  7. Mar 27, 2011 #6
    this is an easy ,if you have good ability in c#
    codeproject have good sample of that and you can get your way through that
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?