How do they derive from equation A to B?

• Thread starter timeforchg
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Derive
In summary, the conversation discusses the process of simplifying an equation from A to B in order to find the limit z = 0. The use of partial fractions, differential equations, and l'hopital's rule is mentioned, and there is a clarification about the equation and its denominator. The issue is eventually solved with the help of others.
timeforchg
My question is how to get from equation A to B.
By using partial fractions? differential? any methods?

Attachments

• gifup.jpg
    gifup.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 387
Mathematics news on Phys.org
timeforchg said:
My question is how to get from equation A to B.
By using partial fractions? differential? any methods?

Don't use attachments as it makes very cumbersome reading the question and answering it. Write down the stuff using LaTeX for mathematics.

DonAntonio

Hey timeforchg and welcome to the forums

Do you have any conditions? Are you assuming A = B and trying to go from A to B while maintaining an equality?

chiro said:
Hey timeforchg and welcome to the forums

Do you have any conditions? Are you assuming A = B and trying to go from A to B while maintaining an equality?

yes. I think is more simplifying the equation.

I am trying to find the limit z = 0. When I see inside my text before they use l'hopital rule, they simplified the equation A to B. Thereafter they apply the l'hopital rule

Ohh, next time you use a limit please specify this in the equation so there is no ambiguity or confusion.

I have a feeling you have got the equation wrong: if you take the limit in this case to go to zero, the top goes to 0 but the bottom doesn't (it goes to 3-j which may not be zero and is only zero if 3 = j).

there is no + in eq A for the denominator

Can you please write out the expression on the denominator?

SOLVED! Thanks a lot guys! Appreciate it.

1. What is the process of deriving an equation?

The process of deriving an equation involves using logical steps and mathematical principles to transform one equation into another. This can include algebraic manipulation, substitution, and other methods to simplify or solve the equation.

2. How do you know which steps to take when deriving an equation?

The steps taken in deriving an equation depend on the specific equation and the desired end result. Some common techniques include using the properties of equality, factoring, and solving for a specific variable.

3. Can any equation be derived into another equation?

Not all equations can be derived into another equation. Some equations are already in their simplest form and cannot be simplified further. Additionally, certain types of equations, such as trigonometric or exponential equations, require specialized methods for derivation.

4. How does deriving an equation help in understanding a concept?

Deriving an equation allows for a deeper understanding of the relationship between different variables and how they affect each other. By breaking down an equation into smaller steps, one can see how each variable or term contributes to the overall result.

5. Is there a specific order or rule to follow when deriving equations?

There is no specific order or rule to follow when deriving equations, as it depends on the specific equation and the desired result. However, it is important to follow the rules of algebra and maintain equality throughout the process.