mprm86 Messages 52 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Sep 6, 2005 #1 I know what this law says, but I don´t know where does it comes from. Could someone please help me with the derivation of this law? Thanks in advance.
I know what this law says, but I don´t know where does it comes from. Could someone please help me with the derivation of this law? Thanks in advance.
HallsofIvy Science Advisor Homework Helper Messages 42,895 Reaction score 983 Sep 6, 2005 #2 It's purely a matter of experimental evidence- heat flows from a warmer body to a cooler one at a rate proportional to the difference in temperatures.
It's purely a matter of experimental evidence- heat flows from a warmer body to a cooler one at a rate proportional to the difference in temperatures.
mukundpa Homework Helper Messages 524 Reaction score 3 Sep 6, 2005 #4 you may derive this law from Stefan's law of black body radiation with the approximation that the temperature difference between the body and surrounding is not much large.
you may derive this law from Stefan's law of black body radiation with the approximation that the temperature difference between the body and surrounding is not much large.