How do you evaluate the integral of arcsin(sin(x)) from 0 to 2pi?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
vDrag0n
Messages
3
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



int (1/(4-r^2)^0.5) dr dx, r=0 to 2sinx, x=0 to 2pi

Homework Equations



How to continue the integral of x

The Attempt at a Solution



I'm stuck at

int(arcsin(sinx)) dx, x=0 to 2pi
 
Physics news on Phys.org
vDrag0n said:

Homework Statement



int (1/(4-r^2)^0.5) dr dx, r=0 to 2sinx, x=0 to 2pi

Homework Equations



How to continue the integral of x

The Attempt at a Solution



I'm stuck at

int(arcsin(sinx)) dx, x=0 to 2pi
This is your iterated integral:
[tex]\int_{x = 0}^{2\pi}\int_{r = 0}^{2 sin(x)}\frac{1}{\sqrt{4 - r^2}}dr~dx[/tex]

I'm pretty sure you evaluated the inner integral incorrectly, most likely because you have a mistake in your trig substitution.

For this integral
[tex]\int_0^{2 sin(x)}\frac{1}{\sqrt{4 - r^2}}dr[/tex]
I get 2 sin(x)

That makes the outer integral pretty simple.