Steak Lovers Unite: How Do You Like Your Steak Prepared?

• Thread starter Moonbear
  • Start date
In summary, steak can be prepared in a variety of ways, but some people prefer it well done. For those who like their steak medium-well, medium is a good option. For those who like their steak rare, extra rare is best. And for those who like their steak medium, medium rare is a good option.

How do you like your steak?

• Rare

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Medium rare

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Medium

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Medium well

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Well done

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Burn that sucker!

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • No thanks, please pass the tofu.

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The right way to prepare a steak is called "blue" in France.
On the american standard, it certainly is equivalent to "alive" :tongue2:
"Rare american" seems "well done" to me :tongue:

Physics news on Phys.org
humanino said:
The right way to prepare a steak is called "blue" in France.
On the american standard, it certainly is equivalent to "alive" :tongue2:
"Rare american" seems "well done" to me :tongue:
I remember when I was in France and my aunt was cooking steaks. She threw them into the pan, immediately flipped them over and served them. There were parts of the outside of the steak that hadn't touched the pan, so were still raw. I at least want the entire outside seared, but red on the inside.

Tsu, you're seasoning sounds perfect! :approve:

I cannot understand people that will put A1 sauce on a steak! :yuck: There is NO WAY you can taste the meat if you use that stuff. :yuck: A1 sauce can remove paint! It's all you can taste. That stuff is supposed to be used to cover the taste of tainted meet, just like the Romans use of Garum (fermented fish sauce) on "everything" they cooked to cover up the rotting smell and taste. :bugeye:

Rare, no question. I'd eat the thing raw if it was still fresh. It's always been a dream of mine to eat part of a live cow.

loseyourname said:
Rare, no question. I'd eat the thing raw if it was still fresh. It's always been a dream of mine to eat part of a live cow.

LOL!

I'll already be in NY right after Christmas, so bring some steaks along in the RV and I'll meet you at Tom's! :biggrin: Or else I can meet you all in Atlantic City, since I'll be staying the rest of the time with my sister who lives only about 20 or 30 min from there!

i usually stick with the burnt fat on the edges. DELICIOUS.

i'm a horrible, horrible glutton when it comes to eating unhealthy food.

relskid said:
i usually stick with the burnt fat on the edges. DELICIOUS.

i'm a horrible, horrible glutton when it comes to eating unhealthy food.

:rofl: I love that fat on the edges too. I try to resist it, but sometimes you just have to give in!

Moonbear said:
:rofl: I love that fat on the edges too. I try to resist it, but sometimes you just have to give in!

Mmmm, death food...