Votes: 15 21.1%
  • 7-8

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • 8-9

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • 9 and above

Votes: 8 11.3%

• Total voters
I voted 8-9 but honestly it all depends.

Sometimes I get like 4. I just cant go back to sleep after 4, it used to drive me mad. Then other times I would sleep for 11-12 hours. I couldn't wake up no matter what. I would feel like crap even if I woke up after 8.

So weird.

These days its somewhat "regular". No matter when I go to sleep, I'll wake up at 8 am.

Basically as long as I want, but usually 8 to 9. If I get 7 to 8, I take a nap during the day.
can you give an age? don't have to be exact just range, like 20-25 or 25-30 years of age etc.

"How many hours a day?" or "How many hours a week?"

I'm on the short side of asymmetric transactional economics (empoyment). On the weekends, I catch up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/articles/emotions/teenagers/sleep.shtml

'In America some schools have delayed the start of their classes to give their teenagers some extra time in bed. One school noticed a significant improvement in the educational performance of its students.'

It could be that teenagers are expected to be awake at the wrong times for their bodies as well.
Interesting concession. It's sexual, ya know. Late night proweling hours. How long as it been?

djeitnstine
Gold Member
Ever since summer classes, at least once a week I get none. Then on the first night of the weekend I sleep for about 14 hours. It sux I know...will try to fix myself up soon. But I'd have to give an average...sometimes its 4, others its 6 maybe 8 and of course 0. So I'd just randomly choose and say 6 since that's the number that occurs most often since I've hit uni.

But a perfect night is 10 hours...8 hrs feels lacking for me =( but then again what does a good night's sleep for more than one night a week feel like again?

Yeah, college is a sleep sucker. I am finally done with my freshman finals week this Friday, and I'm starting to doubt that I still posses a circadian rhythm...lol.

djeitnstine
Gold Member
Yeah, college is a sleep sucker. I am finally done with my freshman finals week this Friday, and I'm starting to doubt that I still posses a circadian rhythm...lol.
oh yes i've said that many times. My circadian rhythm has been left to the play toy of dogs. If you plot "time of night vs. day of week, you'd come up with a scatter plot with a correlation of ~0.2 or less with a cluster around friday and midnight. =]

oh yes i've said that many times. My circadian rhythm has been left to the play toy of dogs. If you plot "time of night vs. day of week, you'd come up with a scatter plot with a correlation of ~0.2 or less with a cluster around friday and midnight. =]
lol. So you're not a liberal arts major either, I take it? (-:

djeitnstine
Gold Member
lol. So you're not a liberal arts major either, I take it? (-:
Oh no, if I were a lib arts major I'd be partying 24/7. Engineering major I am.

Yeah I hear ya, man. The worst thing is when your lib. arts major friends are bragging about their 4.0 when you're pretty happy with your engineering 3-point-something. It's just not fair ><

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Yeah I hear ya, man. The worst thing is when your lib. arts major friends are bragging about their 4.0 when you're pretty happy with your engineering 3-point-something. It's just not fair ><
Just wait until the business majors are bragging about their $400,000 salary when you thought you were happy with your $60,000 one and are wondering why you were the one busting your butt in college while they were out partying. The one thing I REALLY hope for with the recession is that the business majors are put back in their place.

Just wait until the business majors are bragging about their $400,000 salary when you thought you were happy with your $60,000 one and are wondering why you were the one busting your butt in college while they were out partying. The one thing I REALLY hope for with the recession is that the business majors are put back in their place.
Yeah, apparently business is the "fall back" major at my school; I would hope that all the people I'm thinking about wouldn't make $400,000 per year!! The math requirement for business at my school is only through Pre-calc II...but for me it's like diffy-Q LOL. My aunt majored in chemistry, then teaching, and THEN business--and now she's a claims representative at an insurance company. I guess you get what you deserve...engineers should get paid more though. ^^

djeitnstine
Gold Member
Don't mean to bite back but engineers are for the most part recession proof. While thousands of "business majors" were getting laid off, I was watching ads for wanted engineers all over also demand is projected to grow. ;]

Plus we design things that are awesome. So my lack of sleep does certainly pay off =D

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hear, hear!

Especially since I've had to take a 10% pay cut :grumpy: just to keep my job.