Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How many of you knew this?

1. Apr 21, 2004 #1

amp

News Flash! http://www.prweb.com/releases/2003/12/prweb95567.htm

Sorry again, Russ I once entertained the idea that you were down with these agencies. I'm really not suprised at whats being done. It almost seems as though current events have been outlined so that as the future becomes the past somehow it may have been forseen.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 21, 2004 #2

jimmy p

Gold Member

Looks like they're onto us!!

4. Apr 21, 2004 #3

kat

I think that this is a very serious issue and I do not at all like the idea of anyone monitoring my conversations online or anywhere for that matter BUT I do have a problem with the source of this article which puts a big ? on anthing from Free and Clear Foundations and their founder. According to the same author of your article Sandra Gabor the Executive Director of Free and CLear Foundations. Free and CLear Foundations has a bet with Soro's that Bush will lose the next election. If Bush loses the founder of Free and Clear Foundations will accept 6 billion dollars through C&F from Soro's. So, although it interest me to get good information on this, I feel the source is too weak for me to take as strong proof as you seem to suggest it should be.

5. Apr 21, 2004 #4

amp

Not you perhaps Kat, but I accept it at face value. There are many reports (any search will do) on the net about the technologies that were not contenanced before 9/11 but since the Patriot Acts has been implemented are effected some in a very secretive way.

6. Apr 21, 2004 #5

Njorl

Science Advisor

I am always amazed at how many things that the government implements "in a very secretive way" are found in "many reports on the net".

I make it a point to dismiss all widely known super-secret conspiracies.

Njorl

7. Apr 21, 2004 #6

amp

Point to you Njorl, I didn't say I believe any/every thing I read/hear. As for seeing, thats not always 100 percent either. However, this admins secretive ways are known and the reports are not all on the WWW. One reason I believe the report is that since the P.A. the Government has become much more intrusive of of our privicy. the televised news services have carried a few reports about such tech. and ow it could be used to invade/violate our 'Constitutionally' guaranteed right. Besides I don't think this conspiracy is so super-secret anymore.

8. Apr 21, 2004 #7

kat

Amp- The way this article covers government agents going online and posting on forums in order to discredit information posted there.....although they specificly named message boards and chat rooms like yahoo, lycos and microsoft..that could just as easily be a forum like this. Now, maybe that's true...or maybe it isn't BUT it's disingenious to be also suggesting that Bush is somehow 'in on it' without giving some sort of specific proof or reference. What's interesting to me is that I know, personally know, of people who have in the past been hired by various companies to fight their negative publicity (sony and McD's for instance) and I also know of people who have been hired by moveon.org and GP to do the same. It seems interesting that someone who has such a HUGE potential for a windfall of 6 billion dollars to report this in the manner they have.

9. Apr 21, 2004 #8

amp

Alright Kat, you get two points! I wonder though what is G P and if moveon and other (I guess democratic orgs) are doing this, have you found the same thing happening on the the republican side. If you say no that I would find incredible because (I'm an independent) I believe the dems and repubs. often one up the other.

10. Apr 21, 2004 #9

kat

I didn't "find" anything, I'm referring to acquaintances who were employed to counter negative online campaigns. I would not have a problem believing that it's possible for savvy conservative organizations to be using the same techniques nor that it will become more common as the world increasingly turns to the internet for alternate sources of information.

11. Apr 25, 2004 #10

amp

OK Kat I have heard that both sides are doing it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?